Day 12

Gio's Note: I want to dedicate this chapter to SincerelyJustLove thank you for editing and supporting The Letter... I want to thank all of my followers and voters for The Letter, you all have no idea how happy I was when I found out The Letter was number 2!! I ALMOST wanted to cry haha (I hate crying) I love you all so much!! ok I'll let you read now :P

*******

Day 12

I looked out the window, staring off into the new view that was before me. This was new to me; the scenery was completely different from the one I escaped to so many times at home. I brought my knees closer to me and embraced them. The view from Sebastian’s apartment was the whole city, so different from the nature view I had at home. Nature always had a way of pulling me in, into another world where everything seemed perfect. I could stare at it for ages, I loved nature. This is why I’ve always hated living here; it was rare when you can actually find such a nice scenery.

“Like the city?” I heard Sebastian say.

“Quite the opposite actually.” I whisper loud enough for him to hear.

He stands a few feet away from me, giving me the space I needed.

“I’m glad you decided to stay here”

“Me too”

A silence surrounded us momentarily.

“Victoria, if there was a way to stop this wedding; I would do it. I know you don’t like me very much, but…” He tailed off not knowing what to say,” remember the day after we met, how I told you I at least wanted to be friends?” He asked

I slowly nodded my head yes, not knowing where this conversation was going.

“Well that’s all I’m asking you to do. To trust me, and be my friend; I know that you will never look at me like a husband, but I much rather live with a friend for the rest of my life, than with a stranger.”

I turned my head and our eyes locked with each other. That tends to happen a lot between us.

“I trust you.” I say

He sends me a killer smile that makes me want to melt right there and then. He walks to the closet of his apartment and comes back with a small, black box. His face has turned serious now, he slowly hands me the box.

“Again, I don’t want you to feel pressured or anything but I just wanted to ask you, if you could please wear it.” He looks at the box as if his greatest possession was in there.

I swallow the lump in my throat, and start opening the box. I gasp at what the box holds; the beauty that shines back at me leaves me speechless.

“It was my mom’s wedding ring, it would mean a lot to me if you would accept this.”