Day 21

***Sorry for any mistakes***

Day 21

**********

Victoria POV

**********

I sat on the chair with my legs pulled up, leaning my head on my knees. I held my cup of coffee tightly with both hands and stared off into nothingness. I felt myself going into a void with no help from the outside. I can’t wrap my head around the fact that Melissa died, not only that, but she was murdered, by Cole.

“I’m gonna go to work” Sebastian said entering the kitchen.

He went towards the coffee pot and filled up his cup. He turned towards me and stared, yet he wouldn’t meet my eyes, he was tired, the bags underneath his eyes exposed it. I lifted my gaze towards him and sent him a small smile.

“How’d you sleep?” I asked.

He took a sip from his coffee, “Not well, you?”

“Same” I said in monotone.

“Well I got to go, I’ll be back later”

“I’m sorry Sebastian” I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

He shook his head, “That was my baby” he simply said. He walked over to me and placed a kiss on my forehead, nice and gently. He preceded taking his briefcase and walking out the front door. I couldn’t blame him for acting so distant; he had just lost his child.

I stood up from my chair and watched as I drained the remaining of my coffee down the sink. I left my cup on the counter and walked over to the couch, and let myself fall. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

I never generally liked Melissa, but I would never wish something like that on any person. The guilt was eating me inside, everyone thought Melissa was mugged but I knew the truth. I was frightened, beyond anything I’ve felt before. Cole was capable of murder and that did nothing but nerve-wreck me.  

I had the letter in my pocket; I slowly reached out for it and extended it. I griped the letter tightly in my hands, reading it over and over again, just like I did all night long. The words run through my mind but slowly I’ve become numb to its meaning. I see the black ink written on the paper but it all seems so far away. It can’t possibly be true, can it?

Melissa is dead.

I repeat that phrase over and over again. I feel tears rolling down my face, two lives were lost yesterday, and it was Sebastian’s child. My heart breaks, I’ve never known anyone who has died before, and though I didn’t get along with Melissa, it hurt. I couldn’t imagine what Sebastian was going through right now, losing a friend and his child.

All of last night Sebastian was restless, moving around; he got up in the middle of the night and just sat on the chair of the dresser. He tried not making noise for me, but how could I ever sleep after finding out Melissa’s tragedy. I tried approaching him, but he only pushed me away, telling me that I needed my sleep. I laid there in bed the whole night listening to his uneven breathing.