Day 27

***Sorry for any mistakes***

Day 27

**********

Victoria’s POV

**********

I sit on the bed with my legs crossed, staring at the paper before me. State lines and mountain markings cover the large page, though my eyes only remain on a plain land: Oklahoma.  I slowly let my fingers linger over it, gently caressing it. I feel a sort of emptiness inside me, because truth is, Dominic was part of me. He left yesterday, without saying  goodbye. One second he was here, and the next, he wasn’t. The miles that are in-between us drives me insane. My best friend is gone, and the only thing I want to do about it, is be in his warm arms. I want him to tell me that everything will be fine. I want him to console me, tell me this marriage won’t be the end of me. It is undeniable; I have feelings for Sebastian, but are they strong enough for all eternity? I need Dominic with me; he’s the only one who can keep me sane from all of this chaos happening in my life. I’ve never been so scared before.

I’m scared.

I’m not strong enough for this life, especially when everyone I know goes away in the end. I feel as if I’m frozen in the past, while everyone continues their life while I just look from a crystal glass wall, hoping that one day I would be strong enough to shatter the glass, so I too, can make my own future.

Why can’t I make my own future?

I see a tear fall onto the map; it lands on Oklahoma, as if the map knew how deeply I missed Dominic. I wipe my tears away and place the map on the nightstand beside the bed. I walk towards the window and stare out to the busy city bellow me. The yellow taxis are the only bright object in the distance, the buildings and people walking past the hotel reflect the gloomy sky above. I feel as I too am contributing to the sadness of the somber clouds. I see a flock of birds fly over the skyscraper, flying away from the coldness of the city. I understand though, I too, would run away from this cold hearted city.

I grasp the small blanket on the chair and wrap it around me, snuggling into it so I could warm my heart up. A loud knock on the door interrupts my solemn thoughts. I take exaggerated long steps towards the door and slowly open it. A worker from the hotel smiles at me pushing a cart into my room.

“Room Service” He says cheerfully.

“I didn’t order anything sorry.”

“Somebody already paid the tab for you ma’am.”

I look at him confused, “well you can just leave it on the table thank you.”

He smiles and loads off the many plates on the cart.

“Oh, before I forget. The person who paid your tab instructed me to give this to you” he says as he places the last dish on the plate. He hands me a large envelope, I squirm, not wanting to reach out and touch it.

“Thank you” I tell him as he leaves the room. I open the envelope and see the letter.

Day 27

Mark Collins. Such a nice name, don’t you think? Your mother told you details about him, but she left the most crucial detail out: how he died. Wouldn’t you want to know? I’ll tell you but we’ll have to make a trade for this information. Behind this letter you will find documents that will expose a fraud done by John’s company and Sebastian’s father, Hank’s, company. Turn this over to federal agents and not only will I tell you everything about your brother but I will also reveal a missing set of evidence that will prove Dominic’s parents innocent. You have 6 hours to decide, I’ll be watching.