Day 7

Day 7

Victoria’s POV

I woke up with a sudden jolt. My nightmare had scared me to death; every recent event ran through my mind. This past week had gotten insane; I don’t even know how it happened. I ran my hand through my hair, trying to calm my breathing down. I took a deep breath and sat up. I got up and took a quick shower.

As I finish up dressing, I notice how silent the house is. I go downstairs and see Sebastian sleeping on the couch. I can’t help thinking how awkward it was when he came yesterday; it almost felt as if he was jealous of Dominic. The sudden thought of Dominic reminds me of what Cole said to do. Then my mind wonders to the kiss we shared yesterday.

Since when has Dominic liked me? I thought he had always seen me as a friend; I was obviously way off. I headed towards the kitchen, and served myself a bowl of cereal. I quickly finished it and made a note to Sebastian telling him that I would be back soon. I told him to text me if he needed anything.

I got my car keys and headed out. I looked the door and walked towards my car, I noticed there was a paper on my windshield. I got it and opened it up. On the top of the note it said, “This is what you will ask Dominic’s mother, make sure Dominic is there. Behind this letter is all the proof you’ll need.” I roamed my eyes over what was under that message. My eyes widened as I realize what he wanted me to do.

I saw the papers behind it and saw that this was major evidence. I couldn’t stop staring at it; I couldn’t possibly bring myself to do this. This was far beyond my ability; I couldn’t possibly step into that house alone.

I scanned all of the papers and noticed in the letter there was writing in the back.

“P.S. You might want to call the police before you step into that house. I wouldn’t want my darling to get hurt.

P.S.S. DESTROY THIS LETTER BEFORE YOU GET THERE, IF THE POLICE GET HOLD OF THIS LETTER YOU WILL SURELY PAY FOR IT”

I thought about going straight to the police instead of going to their house, but surely Cole would do something if I didn’t follow his instructions. I took a big breath and ripped the letter into little pieces. I held the pieces in my hand thinking how I should dispose of them. I decided to stick them into my pocket and burned them once I came back. I got into my car and started the engine. I slowed down my breathing and dialed the police, I tried to keep my voice calm but I failed at it. I finished explaining to the operator and hung up.

I was now outside of Dominic’s house, I didn’t know if he would hate me for this or love me for this; but I sure was about to find out. I got the papers and walked to the front door; I knocked on the door and waited for a few seconds. The door opened and Dominic’s mother stood in the doorway. She gave me a smile and gave me a big hug.

“Victoria, darling! I was wondering when you would stop by to visit. I haven’t seen you in quite a while. Please come in dear.” She opened the door wider; I couldn’t help but feel chills all over my body. Every inch of my body told me to not enter that house, but I took a deep breath and took a step inside.