Day 16

***Sorry for any mistakes***

Day 16

*******

Victoria’s POV

******

I gripped the pictures with both of my hands; as my eyes stared down to the images, the anger within me boiled. Flashes from that night where I lost my innocence cross my mind, only making me grip harder. A tear roll downs my face, the only true thing I had was stolen from me by the most horrid way possible; and I sure wasn’t going to let him get away with it.

I wiped away the tear; that was the last tear I was going to shed. This was the moment, my moment; in which Victoria Collins was going to stand up for herself and take revenge. No one was going to get in my way, and whether Cole was helping me or not, it didn’t matter because from now on him too will not order me what to do. I will decide for myself now, and I will take action.

For some reason Cole didn’t matter to me anymore. Whatever cynical game he was playing, I was not going to take part of anymore. I will ignore all “request” Cole makes. I didn’t care, or have any interest on the “many secrets my family holds”. I only had one goal now, and it will have my full attention: to ruin John Collins’ life, the one who so called himself my father.

“Count your days as a powerful man, John. For they will soon come to an end.” I spoke as I stared into the mirror.

I placed the pictures in my purse and walked past my dresser. I stood in place remembering something very important. I open the drawer and find what I need, it’s crumpled in the edges but you can clearly see the main focus. Curiosity fills my veins; I need to talk with my mom.

I walk down the stairs and find Dominic still asleep even though its 11:45 am, I smile, that boy can sleep through a hurricane. I walk past him trying not to wake him up. I walk into the kitchen but it is empty, looking for my mom I go into the living room once again. Dominic remains asleep on the couch; I shake my head at how ridiculous he is. We had offered him the three other guest rooms in the house but he refused, saying he loved out couch.

I giggle and continue my journey back up stairs; maybe she’s still in her room. The door is closed, I slowly open it. I take two steps in and I see my mom sitting in front of her mirror, applying some make up. He notices me on the doorway and smiles.

“Good morning” She says.

“Good morning” I reply, though we fixed things yesterday, there is a part of me that still feels awkward and doesn’t completely trust her.

“I have to go to a lunch meeting with your father, along with a few his colleagues; he wants to announce something important. I’m afraid later today we have a gala with the governor, so I’m going to be pretty busy.”

“Sounds like your schedule sure is busy” I say

“Unfortunately” She replies.

“I wanted to ask you something”

“What is it darling?” She says as she applies blush.

I pull out the image that I had gotten from my dresser just minutes before and show it to her, “Who is this baby?”

Hey eyes grow wide and she quickly jumps to her feet, grabbing the picture out of my hand. She looks down at it with a look I cannot describe; she slowly looks up at me and stares into my eyes.

“Where did you get this from?” She asks in an odd tone.

“It doesn’t matter.” I pause, “Who is this baby?” I ask once again.