Day 29

***Sorry for any Mistakes***

Day 29

**********

Victoria’s POV

**********

I knocked on the door.

“Glad you came” My mother said as she opened the door, letting me in.

“You said you wanted to see me” I say heading towards the living room.

The cold house remains the same with the odd atmosphere and classy surroundings. The long set of stairs, the ones I ran up towards the safety of my room so many times, remain as if all the damage of the family didn’t affect it. How is it that this house still stands through all these years of constant hatred and abuse that surrounds theses walls?

“Yes, I want to talk to you about the big day tomorrow” She said excitedly.

I snort, “The only ones who are excited and happy about this marriage, are you and John. I rather not have to fake my enthusiasm with you so why did you really bring me here for?”

“Something important happened yesterday, and I thought you should know.”

“What now?” I ask irritated.

“Dominic’s parents are innocent. Apparently the police knew for some time now but since the process is long they had to be held in prison. The evidence against them was fake and they had alibis of that day.”

“Thank goodness” I say relieved. The guilt and pressure I had felt days before had lowered, though I still felt responsible.

“Dominic has already been notified” She says.

“It was about time, they’re innocent”

“You were the one who turned them in” She raises her eyebrow.

I shake my head, “Cole” I say.

She frowns, “What game is he playing with us?”

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t know?”

“What?”

“Dominic’s parents were accused of murdering Cole and his family”

My body freezes. This didn’t make sense at all, why would Cole accuse innocent people, then try to make me feel guilty?

“Mom, how did Cole supposedly die?”

“There was a fire in their house, it killed the whole family.” She said.

“Family?” I ask dumbfounded.

“Well Cole survived but, both his wife and his son died” Her eyes show great sorrow as she says this.

“What? Why didn’t you tell me this? I have a half brother?”

She nods, “He was about 2 years older than you, just like Mark”

“Did he know me?”

“Yes, but now as his sister. You lived with us and your half brother with the Levingstons.”

“The Levingstons” I repeat, “I wouldn’t mind changing my last name to that, besides it is mine.”

She laughs, “Martha would have gone insane if she knew”

“Martha?”

“Cole’s wife.” She says.

“Were you good friends with her?”