Sleep Is For The Weak

AwkwardWritingPotato

Sarah rolled on her side to see Brian was out of the bed. She sighed and sat up, rubbing her eyes. She looked at the time as she pulled her hair back.

2 AM

She sighs and walks over to the kitchen, where she finds Brian sitting in the island drinking some coffee. Brian looks up, and the dullness fades  a little bit as he goes to hug her. Sarah smiles and goes into her toes to kiss his forehead. He smiled. When Sarah grabbed something from the cabinets, Brian knew where it was going. He smirked and went to grab the other things that they would need. Amy, Jessica, Alex and Jay were still asleep and all were heavy sleepers so they wouldn't wake at a pen drop. When Sarah turned on the oven to preheat, Brian went to get the milk and bottled water they leave out for practice. Sarah and Brian nodded and turned on the Hamilton soundtrack

"After the war I went back to new York, a-after the war I went back to new York!"

Sarah laughed as Brian sang all the parts, including Angelica. As Brian sang along he watched as Sarah mouthed along to the words. Brian smiled and looked for a certain  song. When The Room Where It Happens started to play Sarahs smile widened and she started to sing Alexander Hamilton's part.

"Ah Mr Secretary"

She stirred the batter with milk and the powder first

"Mr burr sir."

She looked at Brian and nodded, then he started to crack the eggs.

" Did you hear the news about good old general Mercer?"
"No"

As Brian concentrated on the eggs, Sarah made sure his hands were steady.

"You know Clemomt Street"
"Yeahaha"

Sarah started to laugh when she remembered what street they lived on.

"They renamed it after him the Mercer legacy is secured"
"Sure"

Brian laughed internally, still concentrating on his hands

"All he had to do was die"

Sarah looked at Brian

"Now that's a lot less work"

Sarah looked back at the batter and nodded

"We outta give it a try"
"Ha"
"And how you gonna get your dept planned through?"

Sarah looked for the cupcake pans

"I guess I'm gonna have to finally listen to you"
"Oh really?"

"Talk less..... Smile more~....."

Sarah stared out of her window. It had been months since that day. A month after that day Brian had left to visit family and never returned. A month after that the boys moved out because they graduated or dropped out. Jessica and Amy had left the state. That left Sarah alone in the apartment. There were boxes scattered all over the rooms, and pictured that were torn up from the amount of times the masked ones had broken in. She sighed and looked for the cupcake pans. When she started gsthsding ingredients she heard an knock on the door. She sighed and opened it. She was greeted by a hug and a sob. She pulled away to be greeted by a torn up and bleeding Brian. Quickly, she led him to the bathroom and checked to see how Injured he was. His nerves weren't doing too well, but he seemed to be fine. She sighed and looked back at him. He was crying and seeminly panicking. Not knowing what to do, Sarah hugged him and started to hum Non-Stop. Brian smiled and hummed along, coughing every now and then.

Sarah smiled for the first time in months.

"We never finished making those cupcakes Bri..."

I'm sorry I might have made you cry