Sleeping isn't really my thing [JAM]

When Tim opened the door to the hotel, he didn't know why he was expecting Jay to be in bed. But he was not in bed. He was at the desk working on decoding ToTheArk as he normally was.

Sighing, he set some of his stuff down and flopped onto the bed. After a few minutes of listening to Jays muttering and laying fsce first on the hotel bed, he got up to check the time.

"Jay, it's almost four, what did I say about staying up past three." Tim sighed as he sat up, readying himself for the argument that was going to take place. "But Tim, i have so much more codes to-" "Jay, you're going to work yourself to death. Just go to bed." Tim cut him off.

This was a routine of theirs. They'd do their own thing until around 3AM, have their little argument about sleep, and then go to bed. However Jay always seemed fidgety during their arguments about sleep.

Jay groaned and spin his chair to face Tim. "But It's a waste of-" Jay don't get to finish his sentence as Tim took the opportunity to pick him up and set him on the bed. Jay groaned and attempted to get back up, but was stopped by Tim almost laying on top of him.

The two sat there for a moment until Tim laid next to Jay. "Why don't you like sleep?" Jay paused before turning to Tim. "What?" Tim sighed before looked over to Jay. "It must be pretty shit if you fight against it every time."

Jay sighed and turned away from Tim. "Don't worry about it.. it's nothing." Tim sighed, understanding he would never get a full answer out of him and turned off the light before hugging Jay from behind, holding him. "Just try to sleep Jay.."

Jay smiled softly before sighing. "Fine.." he mumbled. As he felt Tim's breathing go slower, Jay turned and cupped Tims face softly before kissing the top of his forehead and leaning into his neck. As he felt sleep crawl upon him, he tried not to think of the horrors that might happen.

.

.

.

.

.

As Jay ran across Rosswood, the sound of running could be heard behind him. The sounds of gunshots ringing behind him. The longer he ran the more his lungs burned as he withheld a cough. However when he found he couldn't run any longer he felt a pain in his leg as he fell.

Looking up while putting pressure on his leg, he saw the masked man staring back down at him. He was crouched down in front of him and staring. Jay slowly crawled back, not daring to face away from the masked one.

However as a cough was ripped from his throat the man flinched and doubled back, almost in fear. Jay felt his eyes widen as he watched the man throw the mask off. However as the sound of static, yelling and gunshots got louder the urge to cough got stronger until it wasn't the urge to cough at all.

The now unmasked man had almost asked if he needed help, but was interrupted by Jay's eyes widening and him facing away from the unmasked man, vomiting blood right next to him, coughing as he did so.

Jay felt tears well up in his eyes as the pain in his throat grew unbearable.

"Jay?" He heard a voice yell from a distance.

Another gunshot was fired in his side now. He kept vomiting blood.

"JAY?" The voice grew louder.

Jay felt another gunshot to his chest.

"JAY!!" It was right in his ears

He felt a piercing pain to his head and then-

Jay threw his eyes open as he clutched to Tim for dear life. The lights were on and it was clear Tim was awake, but Jay couldn't rationalize this yet. Hyperventilating, he clung closer onto Tim as he tried to calm himself down.

As he tried to breathe deeper, the static in his mind calmed to mere background noise as the sound of Tim muttering words of comfort slowly drifted into his head. With a sniff Jay backed away and almost turned around, but Tim cupped his face.

"Hey, what's wrong.." Jay felt himself grow slightly warm, but ignored it. "Is nothing Tim I promise-" He started, but was quickly cut off. "Jay that's bullshit, you and I both know it," Tim started before softening a bit. "Please just tell me what's wrong.."

Jay stared at Tim for a while before putting his hand onto Tims. "I get really bad nightmares, and it makes it impossible for me to ever get any sleep... Is that what you wanted to hear?" Jay looked away from Tim but felt his gaze get shoved back to Tim as he kissed his lips softly.

"Do your want me to help you when you wake up?" Jay melted a bit at the tone of voice Tim had used -it was like receiving a hug from a touch disgusted person- and nodded slightly.

Leaning back into Tims neck, he took a deep breath before falling into slumber once more, feeling safe in knowing someone was going to be there when he woke up...

"TIM!" Jay yelled as he sat up in his bed. His hand reaching out for a another he would never hold again. Panting slightly, he retreated his hand and curled into a ball slightly. As he slowed his breathing down, he runs his hand through his hair as he checks the time. "2 am.. shit.."

Jay groaned and leaned back on his pillow. "One hour of sleep.... That's enough to get me through the day I think.."As he stared at the ceiling, he tried to forget the nightmare before. But everytime he blinked, he remembered the way Tim had yelled his name, or the way Brian banged on the door, begging him to get off of it. But it always ended the same.

In the end ⨂ always got him. And they were left screaming.

Turning to his side, he sighed as he brought his hand to his face. Shutting his eyes, he imagined it was Tims, as one of the last nights before the end happened played through his mind.

Oh how he wished for those times again. But he would not let itself near him ever again.

They didn't want to hurt Timothy Wright ever again.