Come To Bed (SWAP UNIVERSE, BRILEX)

As Alex stared at the screen, he could hear Brian's soft breathing in the background. The sound was grounding in a way, it was a sound other than the soft hum of the air conditioner in the background, a similar sound to static that freaked him out when it was too loud. It also reminded him that he was not alone.

The more he stared at the screen, the more the words looked like nonsense. The letters jumbled and switched, and he could have sworn the screen was breathing. Sighing and rubbing his eyes, he tried to think back on how he even got into this mess. He remembered giving Jay the tapes from filming, but...He couldn't remember when Jay changed.

The last thing he remembered from Jay was his curious eyes, his oh-so-annoying curiosity that had almost gotten him killed multiple times. Well, that and the annoying questions he asked. He couldn't remember how Jay turned out the way he did. What had changed in one he used to consider a brother.

Alex wasn't sure how much time had passed, but he was certain it was too much. When he checked the clock on his laptop, his point was proven. When he heard the groan of the other in the room, Alex flinched before turning around. "Alex, what are you doing awake? It's fuckin...3 o clock in the morninggg." Brian mumbled, sounding very annoyed with the fact that she was awake.

Alex laughed softly, and sighed before turning back to the computer. He heard the squeaking of the bed, and the sound of fabric moving, and rolled his eyes softly. He could ignore Brian's weird antics, he needed to solve this stupid code. Codes were always Jay and Seth's thing. Thinking of the two now made Alex's bones feel cold. The kind of guilt that seeps itself into every fiber of your being.

As Alex started thinking deeper about two of his closest friends, he didn't notice Brian walking up behind him. However, when her arms went around his waist, he flinched and glanced around, seeing her behind him. "Brian, I need to work on this.." Alex mumbled, as Brian leaned on his shoulder. "What you need is sleep, I don't think you could understand what's happening with what little sleep you're running on." Alex huffed angrily, and continued to work.

Brian huffed back in reply, showing that he was not happy with Alex's response. He couldn't really care though. He had to figure out this code. It could hold the next clue, or where Alex was. Or perhaps even where the masked man was. Masky is what his viewers donned him. He wasn't so sure he'd use that nickname. Jay would have-

Just as Alex started thinking about Jay again, Brian pulled him up. He yelped in surprise as she maneuvered him to a bridal style position. "Brian I was-" "Drowning in depressive thoughts. You're going to sleep Kralie." Alex froze at the serious tone. He always forgot Brian was going to college to be a therapist.

"Alex you can't just drown yourself in the past, you need to stay in the present." Brian said as she plopped Alex onto the bed next to the one she was sleeping on. Alex sighed angrily and rolled his eyes, going to get up. Brian stopped him however and looked down on him. "Alex, I'm serious, you need rest and some time in the present. No codes, no puzzles, no wondering about the past or what could have happened. The present." Alex glanced away at that. "Fine. Just tomorrow. Any more than that and I'll have a problem." Brian's stern face softened to a smile, and she nodded. "Good!"

Brian flopped onto his bed and rolled to turn to Alex. "Now get sleep. It's 4 am now. It's been an hour too long being awake!" She jokingly stuck her tongue out at Alex and he laughed sheepishly. "Sorry.." He rubbed the back of his neck as Brian laughed. "It's ok, but seriously, get some sleep. Don't be afraid to wake me if needed though, ok?" Alex nodded and Brian hummed happily before she started to get herself situated again. Alex smiled softly and huffed out a laugh, slowly getting himself settled into his bed as well.