Fronting (REWRITE)

This is a rewrite from our old account (CrazyFandom1) (we refuse to associate with that acc most times, we were... so cringe-) 

We weren't aware that we were a system the first time that we wrote this, due to a gatekeeper being insanely good at arks job. It wasn't a very good portrayal of DID, or how alters may act and we realize that now. We do not have access to the account to delete it, however, we can rewrite it 

Ok now, enjoy :D -Blurry (Oberon/NightWalker) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim stares at himself in the mirror as he traces his features on his face. Everything about him felt wrong, the way his bones were moving, the way his muscles moved, the way he felt to himself, every single thing felt wrong. He supposes it was a matter of time until his medication stopped working properly, and his mind adjusted to how it worked. His doctor had said that it would help the seizures and hallucinations, but they hadn't said that it would stop the dissociation, or the blackouts that came with it. 

Dissociative Identity Disorder, they had called it. 

Tim just wanted to ignore it all, pretend that the diagnosis was never there. It was never officially put on his medical record, so it wouldn't harm his already short list of jobs put in front of him. The blackouts used to not be so harmful, sometimes the blackouts were not even blackouts, just moments that he wasn't in control of himself. Other times, the blackouts lasted months, and he was always in trouble when he came back from them, whether from the nurses, or the authoritative figures in his life. Tim sighed and shut his eyes, rubbing his face with his palms. He could feel the pit in his chest spreading, and he could feel himself growing more and more empty. The dissociation was not slowing down, nor stopping, and his attempts to ground were not working.

 Sighing to himself, Tim opened his eyes to stare at himself, only to find himself looking more like a stranger the longer he looked. Shaking his head and looking away, Tim wandered to the living room, praying that if he turned on a show that he would become grounded once more. As he moved to the couch, he could hear Brian moving around on his crutches, and Tim could assume that he hadn't slept at all the night before, based on how clumsy the movements sounded. 

Tim sighed and started to flip through the dvds he owned, and the sounds of Brian's movements grew louder. "Hey Tim, where is my... Why are you looking through our DVDs?" Tim paused before rubbing his arm as he continued to scan the, albeit small, collection. "I'm trying to ground myself, the usual tactics aren't working. Your mask is in the dryer. Why didn't you say it was a t-shirt?" Tim asked, his voice sounding as void as he felt. Brian paused before huffing a laugh. "Try watching Ace Ventura, pet detective. That usually grounds me fast. And because it never came up." Brian added, before he walked away. 

Tim sighed and grabbed the movie Brian suggested, before putting it in, and sitting down on the couch. As the movie started, Tim could see his vision blur as he relaxed onto the couch. The sounds of Brian's crutches growing fainter, and he felt his body relax in a way he hadn't felt in years. Tim inwardly panicked as his vision grew more blurry, the hand rubbing his arm growing slower before falling limp entirely. Tim feels himself grow fainter as his body falls limp, and he feels himself fall away into a void. 

\============================/

Masky squeezes its eyes shut, and blinks harshly against the light of the room. The sound of the TV playing was soft in comparison to how spacey it felt. It glanced around the room, trying to recognize where it was sitting. Glancing down at the body, it could see that Tim had most probably just woke up recently. He was wearing a simple boxers and tshirt combo, covering most of his scars from the views of others. Masky sighs softly before cracking his neck violently. 

Immediately after cracking his neck, the sound of crutches grew closer to him. Masky jerked his head up immediately to the sound. "Tim, did you just snap your ne...." Brian pauses as Masky's empty stare lands on him. "Tim?" Masky stares at Brian, and glanced at his crutches before tilting his head. Brian pauses once more. "Masky?" Masky's eyes snap up immediately to meet Brian's. Brian huffs out a soft laugh. "Hey there buddy, I haven't seen you in a few years." Masky's face attempts to form a smile, but the blank and empty look it gives makes it drop it almost immediately. 

Brian let out a small smile and sat next to the smaller man, setting his crutches down against the couch. Masky pauses a moment before leaning against Brian. The dissociation fading slowly as the presence of another grounds him. "Hey Masky?" Masky hums softly. "Do you want to talk about the others?" Masky sits up immediately, his eyes brightening as he turns to Brian. "Really?" He whispers softly. Brian's eyes widen at the use of Tim's bodys voice, before nodding with a small smile. "Really." He responds warmly. 

Masky goes to sit on Brian's lap, and leans his head on Brain's shoulder, next to his ear, and starts to whisper.