Run (JAM, HURT TO COMFORT)

Jay only survives when Tim gets to him after he gets shot

"JAY? JAY?"

Jay could hear the screaming from the room that he was hiding from. He could also hear the static pounding in his ears, and the sound of Alex pounding on the door, and at some points kicking at it. The sounds were too much, and Jay resisted the urge to cover his ears, lest he bleed out faster. The sounds of static and screams were overwhelming, and the blood rushing out of him made him think back to all of the things he should've done. All the things he should have said, and all the things he should not have said.

He could feel the cold enveloping him, and they could feel their heart rate slowly. Eventually he could feel the pressure on his wound loosen, and panic shot through him. "Jay where are you?" Tim yelled. The banging on the door had stopped, but Jay couldn't trust that Alex still wasn't there. However, when Tim reached the door his resolve to just sit there was questioned. Jay remained silent as he listened to the world around him. The static would blare, and the sound of Tim yelling for him grew louder.

Eventually the yelling got to the point where it almost sounded like he was in front of the door he was sitting against. Jay held his breath to try and slow it down, so maybe he could try and see if it was actually Tim, and not just a hallucination. "Jay? Are you in there?" Tim asked, his voice trembling and wavering. Jay paused, wondering if the tone of his voice was just him hoping for the best. "How do I know you're real.." Jay spoke softly, coughing as he attempted to sit up more. "Jay? Oh my god, open the door ok? Alex isn't here, I can get you out of here-" "How do I know you're real." Jay spoke louder, cutting Tim off. "I.." Tim went quiet, and Jay could hear the gears turning. What kind of gears were turning were undetected.

Jay coughed and he felt the blood rush faster as he did so, and he bit back a yelp of pain as best he could as he pressed harder. "Jay, please, I need to see if you're ok.." Tim spoke, and Jay breathed in through his teeth. "Password."

("How am I supposed to know you're real and not just... I don't know. Not you?" Jay had asked one day. Tim couldn't think of a good response other than to come up with a password. They were sure to never let the camera pick up what it was, and neither of the two wrote it down.)

Tim responded almost immediately. "Strawberry jam blood."

(Tim could almost laugh at the dumb password, came up with when Jay stated that strawberry jam looks similar to blood in certain lighting. Tim couldn't remember what strawberry jam looked like in different lighting, so he couldn't argue this.)

Jay coughed out a small laugh in disbelief before moving to next to the door, regretting the decision slightly as the pain in his abdomen worsened. Tim burst the door open and glanced around before finding Jay. "Oh fuck." Tim muttered. "Jay, seriously, we have to go-" "Tim- I don't think moving is the smartest-" "Jay, just let me carry you then, you won't move much but you need a hospital. Now." The two argued until the last statement is said, and Jay bit back comments about how they wouldn't be able to afford the hospital bills (Fuck you america).

They could hear the sounds of footsteps around them, and so they walked as quietly as they could, until they reached the stairs. It had felt scarily easy to reach the stairs without issue, but as Tim glanced around one final time he found why. There laid Alex's body, unconscious in some way face first in the ground. There was no gun to be found, and he was like a puppet cut from its strings.

(Tim tried to ignore how much his laying body looked akin to Jesus on a cross, how the way he laid seemed purposeful. That didn't matter. Jay mattered.)

As Tim ran to his car, he took off his flannel, thanking god that he wore a tshirt underneath today, and wrapped it around Jay's wound, tightening it almost to the point where Jay started to struggle to breathe. Jay shot Tim a glare, but quickly stopped to wince when he felt a twinge of pain. Tim would have laughed if it weren't for the situation they were both in. "Jay, just keep your eyes open ok? Keep breathing. Force yourself to if you need to." Tim commanded.

Jay didn't respond for a few seconds before humming a reply, seemingly trying to keep his eyes focused on the window next to him as Tim started to drive. Tim would ask him questions every now and then, trying to keep Jay awake, and Jay would respond with short answers, enough to make Tim satisfied, but not any less worried that he wasn't going to make it. Jay seemed to sense the worry, and went to say something before coughing up blood. "Just keep breathing Jay, we're almost there." Tim kept his voice as calm as he could.

[timeskip .... Sorry-]

As Jay laid in the hospital bed, he tried to think about his actions that led to him getting shot in the first place. They had told the doctors that they were wandering the woods and Jay was accidentally got shot by some hunters, but Jay knew that wasn't what had happened. Tim had banned Jay from his computer and phone while he rested, only really checking his phone to annoy Tim while he was off doing god knows what. The last time he had walked in, Tim looked so incredibly crushed, and Jay didn't know what else to do but talk about the birds that would rest on his window.

Tim seemed to lighten up after that

Eventually, when Jay was released, Tim made sure Jay was buckled in before turning to him. "All of our stuff is packed. Do you want to stay in Alabama or get the hell out of here."

Jay paused for a moment before answering.

"Let's drive until we can't anymore."