I'M S⦻ S⦻RRY

As Jay walked away from the parents room, and wandered down the hallway, he wiped the blood from his knife as he got closer to the door. It was hard to breathe in the mask, and his breaths could be heard way better than they would've been without it. That's what gave him away to the woman and man in their rooms. They could hear his breathing. The male put up a better fight than the female, who begged him not to harm the rest of the family. 

When he reached the door at the end of the hallway, he opened it to find an empty room. Confused, he wandered around the room before glancing at the closet. He held down any thoughts of hope and opened the doors. Sitting there was a 5 year old girl. Jay paused before crouching down, taking off his mask, and throwing his knife down as he did it. The kid glanced up and uncurled a bit. "Are you ok kiddo?" 

The girl glanced up and down, and seemed to deem him harmless before crawling towards him. Jay froze, until the kid was right in front of him. "Are you here to save me?" Jay flinched at the smallness of the voice.  Jay softened his eyes as he sat down more comfortably, and patted next to him. The girl instead sat in front of him. "Are the monsters gone?" She asked curiously. As Jay looked at her, he couldn't help but connecting her to someone from his past. 

Someone he wanted to protect. 

Jay nodded and the girl smiled. The smile reached her eyes, and Jay felt a sense of content. The girl hugged him and Jay went limp. His mind went blank before he registered what had happened. He smiled softly before hugging back. 

Nice things couldn't last forever however. 

The longer he sat there, the louder the static in his brain got. He tried to reason against it, but there was no fighting against HIM. He knew what he had to do. He reached for his knife, and the girl made no indication that she knew he did that. Jay took a deep breath before stabbing her back. He heard her sharp intake of breath as he felt the blood run. He hugged her tighter, and held back any sign of tears as he heard her whisper. "You were supposed to help me.." 

He stabbed her in the neck. 

Her cries stopped. Her eyes went blank. And her form was lifeless. Jay held onto her tightly, no longer hiding his sobs. He hugged her tightly, and kept holding on until he felt a hand on his back. He flinched and next to him. It was Alex. "Jay, we gotta go." Jay paused before standing up, still holding her corpse. 

No one questioned the grave around the cabin in Rosswood.