Mothers and Sleeping Issues

We sat in the car, in silence. Turns out he wasn't drunk, after all. I had packed up my bags really quickly, bidding my goodbyes and telling Aaron to keep in contact. We were going to the Wizard part of town, and couldn't bring any Muggles in-- Aaron would be totally confused. I was, and I'm a wizard.

Godric Hollow was always pretty, and will always be pretty. It was about 10 at night, which was worrisome-- there were all types of dangers at this time. Especially for a girl.

Anyways, the place was amazing, in my opinion. When the two of us walked in, Mrs. Potter was immediately rushing out of the laundry room and into the front hallway. "Oh thank god!" She rushed forward to hug James, "You are alive and brought Brooke with you!" She hugged me as well, smiling widely. James flipped his keys and into his pocket. "Charles, your kid is back home!"

Mr.Potter walked into his room, wand in back pocket, smiling. "Oh hey, James! Brooklyn! You are alive! Good job." He greets, laughing. You could tell that he was different. "Lily and Sirius are in the room, I checked on them and gave them tea. They were having quite the quarrel when you left."

"I can imagine what that's about..." I mutter under my breath, trailing off. James shakes his head, pulling me towards their stairs. "Oh! Brooke, dear," Mrs. Potter calls me before going down, "You want anything to drink or eat?" I shake my head at her, "Thanks, but I'm not feeling it." "You sure?" "Most definitely." "Okay dear! Have fun!"

James' room, second door to the right near the bathroom. That's where it was, with Quidditch Posters and 2 beds. One for Sirius, the other for James and Lily. There would forever be sex jokes in there, made by the one and only-- Sirius Black.

"Hey guys," James greets as we walk in, "how're you?" Evans rushes up to him, hugging her boyfriend. That word still got annoying. I just rushed down the hallway and behind one of the doors. I knew he was going to make a dramatic entrance for me. It was sort of funny, but a lot was happening. I hear Evans shuffle back to James' bed, "Did you bring her?" She asked in such a way that made me feel like she hated me, which she probably did. I hated me as well.

"Yup!" James exclaims. "Ooh! Brookie is here!" Sirius yells, obviously excited to see me if I do say so myself. James does jazz hands which obviously means for me to come in. "Hello." I say, smiling. I was awfully excited to be here, yet because Evans was here, it was kind of bittersweet. Might be drama, though I hope we wouldn't cause that whenever James would have been around. Well, that wouldn't happen. Evans knew how to keep up our reputation. And if James did catch us causing drama, he would forever hate me. Of course.

"Brooke!" Sirius runs up to me, engulfing me. "Hey Paddie!" I exclaim, hugging him back, "How're you?" I ask, letting go. "Just peachy, you?" I smile, "I'm really okay. Kind of insane, but okay." He laughs. James interupts, "As always." I look at James, walking towards him. I give him a 'did-you-tell-him-about-the-family-situation-or-not' look. James nods, hugging me. "You'll be taking Sirius' bed." James informs. Sirius turns over to me, "What?" We both ask. I protest, "No, James! I can sleep on the couch, or the floor, even"

He turns to me as if I had been insane. "What, no! You can't sleep on the floor!" "But Sirius can't either," I put a hand on his shoulder, "And besides, it's not like you have termites." James looks frustrated, "Fine." Evans raises her hand, "Idea: how about Snow just sleeps beside Black?" I nod my head, "I'd be fine with that." Sirius agrees. "No!" James exclaims out of nowhere. I roll my eyes, "Fine. Floor it is." I conjure a matress, a random matress that probably hadn't been from this house. Well, actually, the boys sleep here all the time, this might have been his. 

I read the label, 'Remus Lupin's Matress in James house'. I laugh quietly at the label, smiling at the memories he could have had here tht I hadn't known about. "Light's out!" I call, "I'm blooming tired."