The Match

Brooke's P.O.V.

It was a month after that night, and I had been feeling much, much better. Today was the Quidditch Match, the one that actually mattered. Quidditch Season was always the busiest season in Hogwarts, normally. Unless it was exam week, which was already gone. 

Anyways, it was the last Quidditch Match of the year; Gryffindor VS Slytherin. James had been training everyone hard, and he barely had time for anything including us. So me, Peter, Sirius and Lupin had been trying to talk to him all week, which barely worked.

Sirius had quit the team when James turned the captain last year, in fear that A), he would train him to the ground, and B), James would not look out for any other Beater options. He would settle for Sirius, and not look for anybody else.

I was reading a book in the Library before the match, trying not to go to the Match. I never really liked going to Quidditch Matches. I don't know why. Though knowing James, he would not play without me being in the crowd. But maybe, hopefully, he would forget this time. 

Did James actually forget? Would he forget?

Out of nowhere, Sirius walks up to the Library.

"Get your ass in the Stands, now." Guess not. "And why should I do that?" I ask him innocently, turning the page of my book. He laughs, "You know James won't play if you're not there, right?" I sigh. "I know. Is he fighting with the couch?" He nods, "And everyone is watching in amusment."

"Okay, fine." Me and Sirius walked all the way towards the pitch. We saw students watching a certain brown haired boy, fighting a coach, some already bored. I saw some Muggleborn kids with their phones out, filming the whole thing.

I laughed, typical thing to do.

"I am not playing till Brooke is here!" James exclaimed. "I'm here!" I yelled, running over to him. He jumps, "BROOKE!" He yells, all eyes turning over to me. "Uh, hi." I walk over to him, and he flies down on his broom and kisses my head.

Sirius gives me a knowing look, and I whisper a 'good luck' to James, before wandering over to where Remus and Peter were sitting. They both gave me an amused look, before looking over towards the game which had just started.

Evans sent me a look of disgust.

Huh, well she was his girlfriend. But you know, a friendship is a friendship, and that was the way we showed our affection. Well, the way he showed his affection. How did I show my affection towards him? I thought about it for a while, not realizing how quickly time went by. 

"BROOKE!" I looked up to see Sirius, Remus and Peter getting up from the stands. Tons of people were booing, though some from the Slytherin side were smiling and whispering. "What's going on?!" I exclaimed to Peter, who had grabbed my hand and started running. 

"Later!" We ran inside the pitch, to see James sprawled on the ground. I gasp, "James!" I ran over to him as fast as I could, pushing through the crowds of people around him. "What happened?" I ask Sirius, pushing James' hair out of his eyes.

"He was staring at you for too long, before there was a bludger that hit him. Smack dab in the face." Sirius replies, staring at his best friend in horror.

James had accidents in Quidditch before, just not like this. He had a big gash on his cheek and he fell from 100 feet up in the air. That's what Remus told me. This one, was pretty intense.

I hate James, sometimes.