Letters And Reading

Brooke's P.O.V.

It has been a couple of days since that day. I had become quite effected by it, and everyone could tell. Though, I try to keep myself in my best form. I'm still loud, carefree, and smiling, though I'm trying to hard. And I know it.

I had received a letter back from my parents, just not from my friends. I feel like they were waiting for all of them to be together, or they read it, they just didn't know what to think of it.

Here's what my parent's said;

Dear Brooke,

Hello! Yes, yes. It has been awhile since you wrote to us, but we understand that you have been busy, and we completely respect that. Emma and William are fine, speaking almost complete sentences and laughing, like normal.

Oh, that's why Tyler couldn't write to us. Tell him we love him as much, and we pray for Olivia. How's his life going? Last time he owl'ed us he told Dad that he had a crush on a certain Ravenclaw girl? Can you find out who she is?

Dad would love to help in that era. As would I, but I think he would find that embarrassing. I mean, it's about time he's found a girlfriend. He's 17, for god's sake! Don't tell him I said that.

How're you going? I could help you with those things, you know. Boy troubles? I think it's about time. What has the horrible teacher done to you? Or is she not affecting you, just the school? Well, hope it can get better.

You - Know - Who is back? Since when? By the way, both of us know that he isn't just some evil, badass guy who is kicking every single one of Muggle's ass to Heaven. He is probably some guy who is much, much worse than that.

I know some 15 year olds can't possibly kick him down alone, and I know you want to put it on your side priorities, but problem is, you can't. He is more than just a murderer. Are people making a plan to help? Because I surely hope so.

Move? Won't it still be easy for him to find us then? Brooke, I know that was just a fake plan to cover up what you're really going to do. Don't think we wouldn't look into your plan, and think it through. What are you really going to do? Brooklyn Anne Snow, tell us. Please.

The news here is depressing, and I know yours is worse. Please don't let it get you down, it's not your fault. Okay?

Love you always, Mom and Dad.

It was sad, she actually knew what I was faking it.

I hate their cleverness sometimes.

Mum's horrible way to lighten things up made me smile, for some reason. It was my first genuine smile that I had shown, for the past few days. I hadn't replied yet, as I knew that she didn't want a new letter every day. So, I let it rest.

"How're you going?" James asks, plopping down next to me in the Library. I shrug, "I'm going good." He looks at what I'm reading; The Julian Chapter.

"Finally finished Wonder, huh? Though this one looks like it." I prop my legs up on his lap, "It's the sequel thingy." He laughs at my explanation, and asks me, "Hot Chocolate?" I nod, feeling grateful for the closed space in the Library that we were in.

"Accio 2 Hot Chocolate's." He mutters, and 2 Mugs appear in our table. I take a sip of it, and flip my page. "Can you read to me?" He asks me, and I nod. I take a sharp breath in,

"Okay, okay, okay. I know, I know I know! I haven't been nice to August Pullman! Big deal. It's not the end of the world, people! Let's stop with the drama, okay? There's a whole big world out there, and everyone isn't nice to everybody else. That's just the way it is. So, can you please get over it? I think it's time to move on and get on with your life, don't you? Jeez! I don't get it. I don't. One minute, I'm the most popular kid in 5th grade. And the next minute, I'm like, I don't know."

I sigh, as I finish the page. Well, it was a page for me. James looks up, and smiles. I had read him some parts of Wonder, just enough for him to understand what had been going on. "Good job," He says in posh accent, "But for now, we have Potions."