Detention With Her

Detention, the most horrible thing that could ever happen to you this year.

How had I managed to get a detention? Well, I could show you.

*

It was a Saturday, the day after we all had slept in the common room, and the boys decided to play a prank. Me and Remus, being the good people we are, decided to not to join, like always.

They decided to play there prank on Umbridge.

Now, me and Remus knew that this would be a horrible idea, considering they could get into some serious trouble. But, knowing them, the 3 of them wouldn't take 'no' for a answer.

So, later when Umbridge was walking down a hallway the same exact time as I was, she got smothered in gold and red paint. Gryffindor colors.

"AH!" She had yelled, her high pitched girly scream let out, making everyone turn there heads to see what had been going on.

"You!" She exclaimed, pointing at the 3 boys. "You three! You did this!" She pointed her wand to James neck, "You will be having detention for the next month! Just you wait until I--" I cut her off.

"Professor!" I exclaim, "I did this!" The 3 boys looked at me in shock, and I made a face that said just-go-with-it-it's-better-for-you. "James, Sirius and Peter were just snooping around, doing what ever the boys do." I paused, "In fact! This prank was for them! To get them back for that prank they did to me at the end of last year."

"And why," Umbridge interrogates, "would it be that you used Gryffindor colors?" My eyes widened and I quickly thought for a answer. "It was meant for his hair, and I'm horrible at pranking. Well, compared to those 3, I am."

"Fine!" She admits, "Detention at 7:00 PM, everyday starting next week, Mrs. Snow." And she walks off.

"Brooke," James starts. "I don't want to here it." I mutter loud enough for him to hear me.

*

And we haven't spoken since.

I have had a perfect record, no detentions. And I told all of the Marauders that I was not sticking up for them because of a stupid prank. But I did.

This was probably the most stupid prank ever, and on Umbridge, too. I have only spoken to Remus, considering he had nothing to do with the prank, and he understands where I'm coming from. I told him and everyone else that the one thing that I wanted to do before I graduate was that I want to get a perfect record. Looks like that this is blowed.

It's 6:45, a week after that whole entire thing happened, and I'm walking to Umbridge's office. I have heard horrible stories about what happened there, so much. People got cut on there cheeks, punched until they couldn't stand, put in freezing water for 15 minutes. And, being brutally honest reader, I'm scared.

That is saying quite a lot, considering I am only scared about a few things.

"Professor?" I ask, knocking on her door. "Come in!" She says, in her faux sweet, girly voice with a giggle at the end.

I enter her room, to see the pinkest room I have ever seen. I swear after this, if I ever see a pink thing again, I'll pass out.

There were cat pictures on a wall, a table in the middle, where she sat, and 3 desks sat in front of that. Then there was a little window you could look at, with some tea and pink sugar, surprising.

"Today, you shall write lines, and 10 at that, then we'll do something really fun." She says, smiling 'innocently.'

I pull out my quill and paper, and she takes my quill away from me. "No, you shall be using my quills." She pulls out her quills. Oh shite, blood quills. "You must write, 'I must not prank.'"

I start writing, and after about 2, my hand starts hurting. I look at my opposite hand, to see the words, 'I must not prank.' on it. Holy Shit.

After I finished 8 more lines, I was finally done, but Umbridge didn't think that was enough for me. Experimenting, some spells.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Imperio!"

"Impendimenta!"

"Levicorpus!"

"Stupefy!"

And the worst,

"CRUCIO!"

And suddenly, my body seared with pain. "AHH!" I yelled. "AHH!" The pain went from my toes to my head, and hell, it hurt. It frickin hurt so frickin bad.

"You may leave." She says smugly, and I stand up, slowly loosing consciousness.

Let's just say, 2 steps down the stairs, and I all I could see was black.