It's A Dangerous World, Out There

Brooke's P.O.V.

"So, that was successful."

Amy sighs as she plops down on the Common Room couch. We were in the Hufflepuff Common Room, after previously screwing up the password, and being covered in Vinegar. Well, at least that's what I thought it had been. Arthur laughed at the both of us, him being far away from the scene, and completely safe. "Ugh.." I groan, getting up. "I'm going to go to take a shower.." I say skeptically, slowly backing away from them, and Amy nodded. "See you!" Arthur chirped, and Amy just waved.

All the girls were there, in the room. All my roommates, I mean. Alex, Evans, Sarah, Ella, Alice, Marlene and Lauren, all doing their own thing.

"So," Ella smirks, looking me up and down, "I'm assuming the time with Arthur and Amy went well.." I roll my eyes at her, "She probably just messed up the Hufflepuff Password." Alex chimes in, closing her book shut.

I nod my head, and run into the bathroom, seeing as my hair was soon going to dry. "How the hell do you get vinegar out of hair?" I mutter to myself. Well, I guess it wasn't really muttering, considering Sarah replied with, "Just shampoo it really well, and be gentle!"

Sarah was probably the one with the most beauty sense, though Evans was better. But, me and Evans don't talk much. I'm silently praising Sarah by this point, other wise I would've gotten another detention for, 'Hygiene Issues.'

So, I wrapped myself in a towel, and walked out side to get my clothes. I picked out a plaid shirt, black skinny jeans, a beanie and some UK Converse.

"Where are you going?" Lauren Johnson asks me. I shrug, "No where, really. Probably just going to hang out in the Courtyard." I grab my phone, some earphones and a hard -top copy of Wonder. I really could've been finished with it a long time ago, but I never really got around to it. Then I also brought some parchment and ink, as I felt like writing to my family and friends back home. My whole entire bag, basically.

This week, I had the Marauder's Map, as we switch every week. So, I decided to go to one of the secret passages that no one knows. There were chairs there, and it was surprisingly empty. Normally, Remus would be here reading, Peter would be eating, Sirius would be making out with some girl, and James would simply be here, thinking. I guess all of them were busy.

I sat on one of the chairs, and pulled out the parchment. I wrote some letters to my friends and family. Here's how they went:

Dear Mum, Dad, Emma and William,

Hello. I haven't owl'ed you in awhile, have I? If not, then I'm sorry. Please update me on everything that is going on there. If there's nothing, then good! How are the twins? Still as chatty as ever?

I'm sure that Tyler is writing you, because he told me things that you have been telling him over the past few months. Currently his owl, Olivia, is sick, so he can't owl. But, he tells me that he loves you guys dearly, and misses you as well. He cares about everyone there, more than you think he does.

Things with me however.., are okay. They could be better, but it's not the worst. Me and my friends had a few dramas, and we still have a horrible teacher that is trying to take over the school. You - Know - Who is coming back, I believe. Though none of us want to believe it, so we're sort've putting it on our side priorities. I mean, what can a bunch of 15 year olds do about it? Right?

I know the Muggle World will be involved in this somehow, and he's going to them first. So I've made a plan. It's not exactly great, or completed yet, but it's a plan.

After this year, we can move out of Britain, because that's his main focus. Some where in Asia, or America. Hell, I don't even have to move. I just want you guys to be completely safe, and un - harmed. Please support my decisions.

Anyways, tell everyone that me and Tyler miss and love you all.

Love, Brooke.

That one was a bit heavy, but it was true. The plan was a lie though. I knew what I had to do, I had to obliviate them. But I couldn't tell that to them, straight forward, could I?

My parents are complete Muggles, and don't know anything about the Wizarding World. The one thing they know is that there is this evil, badass guy kicking every single one of Muggle's ass into Heaven. Well, that's how Tyler explained it. Haha.

Then I wrote this to my friends. Keep in mind that they had no idea that I was a wizard, and that a Wizard was just some weird as guy, who was all green and stuff.

Dear Friends,

Hello. It's me again. Sorry for the lack of contact, I have been really busy here. Some bad stuff is going down here, where I am. But, I don't plan on moving anytime soon. I love it here.

How're you guys? I hope you all are having fun!

I know that the news is bad, but.. Uh. I honestly should be able to do something about that but I can't. Let me just say, it has something to do where I live. People are dying every day, I know that. But that guy is really strong, and here is no way to stop him with your fists. But, just un - subscribe to that stuff.

The news here is worse. I can tell you that. Here's one thing you need to do, move to America. All of you. At the end of the year, do it. I'm sorry, but I have to tell you that.

Things here are worse, outside. But in the school I go, it's okay.

I'm sorry that this is so short, and not that cheery, but I don't have anything else to say.

I love you guys, Brooke.

All of that was a lie too.

I still had to obliviate them, and even if they moved to America, Voldemort would get them. But, thing is, things are still are worse here. Muggle - Borns are dying, every single day, and even their families.

I stared at the mossy, bricked wall for a while, thinking about things, and my life. I had gotten very deep for a moment, before I snapped out of it. I pulled out today's Daily Prophet, looking between the pages.

'Muggle Found Dead in Death Valley.'

'Muggle Family Killed.'

'Every 19 seconds a Muggle - Born Is Obliviating their family.'

'Emily Howard and her family, found dead.'

'No Evidence Found of Oliver Winchester and Family.'

'You - Know - Who, Evidence Found.'

'You - Know - Who is back, once more.'

The last head - line struck me. It read:

'You - Know - Who is back, and he is stronger than ever.'

* Author's Note *

50 Votes! You guys are amazing!

Thank you for all your comments saying that you want me to update, or your votes, or even you simply reading my story! It helps a lot.

Things in my life aren't going well, at all. My parents are distant, my friends are all back - stabbing me, and everyone in school is talking about me behind my back. In general, I hate it.

But anyways, hope you guys are going well.