Hogsmeade Plans

A couple months have past, and so far, nothing has really happened. I assume we all just wanted a year without drama, until this happened.

Me and James had a tradition, a promise, that every year we would go to Hogsmeade together, ever since 3rd Year. We have gone together every single time there was a trip planned, and enjoyed every single bit.

Currently, I was sitting in one of the Courtyards with Sarah Brown, one of my Hufflepuff friends, doing home work. "I mean, come on. Unlimited breadsticks! Who wouldn't by that!" I exclaim, looking at a Olive Garden flyer. "Um.. I would rather not.." She says, and I look appalled. "How could you deny unlimited breadsticks!" I honestly couldn't believe her. "Well, I don't partic-" Though she gets cut off. "Hey Snowy!" James.

Sarah laughs at him, and shakes her head walking over to her boyfriend Jacob Peters. I look at James, "Still up for Hogsmeade?" I ask, flipping through the pages of a picture book. He looks anxious, "I'm sorry. I sort've promised Lily that I would go with her." Wow, wasn't expecting that. She actually said 'yes'?! That took her like, 5 years! And I would have never thought she would say yes.

Don't get me wrong, James was attractive, funny, smart, cute, handsome, gorgeous-- okay now I'm just getting off track. James had a lot of potential for being a boyfriend, it was just that-- never mind, you wouldn't understand. Me being his best friend, actually have to support him in everything he does. Anyways, back on the story.

I tried to hide my shock or sadness, and simply replaced it with a fake smile of g encouragement. "That's great! She said yes! I'm assuming.." He looks at me, scrunching his face up in confusion. "What's wrong?" He asks, looking at my face in a weird fashion. Shock fills my body, and I quickly replace it with a nervous smile. "What do you mean, James? I'm honestly, utterly fine." He sighs, "Look, Brooke. I know you better than anyone else does. I can tell your not fine." I roll my eyes. "Honestly James, I'm fine." He sighs, knowing he will never be able to win this argument.

"So," I try to change the subject, "what class do you have next?"

*

It was Hogsmeade Weekend, and I decided I was going to go with Ella Brown, Sarah's twin. Out of my friends, Ella was the only one who was free, which was perfectly fine.

Mooney, Peter and Sirius all had dates, as usual. Sirius was a heartbreaker extraordinaire, so he basically had a girl falling for him every week. Mooney met a girl called Ariana, and Peter somehow got Taylor Johnson, the most popular girl in the Hogwarts Community. Sarah was going with Jacob, and my other friend, Ali was going with Roger Wilson.

"Come on you fattie!" Ella yells at me, running in the snow. I laugh, and catch up to the crazy, curly blonde girl. "Let's make snow angels!" I yell, plopping on the ground. She quickly follows, and then their are two idiots making snow angels on the snowy dirt. We start laughing hysterically, and I see the two twins in the distance, slowly coming towards us.

"Hey, guys." Ella waves at Fabian and Gideon, and I laugh as they start to join the two of us. "I'm bored.." We all say after a while. Hey!" Ella screams, "I've got an idea." She smirks at me.. Oh God.