That One Note

Brooke's P.O.V.

To be honest, I was stressed out and working like crazy. I am going mental. Between the O.W.L's, my social life, my love life, and everything in between, I'm going insane.

I don't think anyone was making a effort to talk to me anymore. They usually just wait for me to make an effort to talk to them. Which is pretty sad if you ask me.

Am I a pushover?

Probably. But, you know.

So currently I'm in the Library doing my 2 rolls worth of parchment on Amortenia, and we basically have to describe what smell in it. And guess what I smell? Freshly cut grass, parchment and a bit of cinnamon scented deodorant, that JAMES wears

And hell, do I feel guilty.

But anyways, I had been flipping through my notebook, and I saw a leaf, just a orange maple leaf sitting on hinge of my book on the first page. And when you flipped it around, a little note appeared. It read:

Dear Brooke,

so here we are! On the first page of your new book. You always said that whenever a leaf hit you on the face, it was telling you that it's a new start. An new page. But this leaf was different, it made me realize something different. It literally, hit me in the face.

You've been acting tons different than your normal, kiddy, cute self. We all know it, and you do as well. And well, I've been being a git lately, and being to engulfed with myself that I might need to start helping out my best friend.

So, meet me at the tallest tower in the whole campus, where you could count the stars, at 8:30.

~ James
And somehow, that one note brightened up my day, and made me happier than I possibly could have ever been.