The Best Night

Quickly getting changed into a flannel and jeans, I fixed my hair into a curly ponytail and walked down the steps. It had already been 9:30, and for some reason I was very, very excited.

I mean, it's not like James and I hadn't gone on a "friend" date before. Same with my and Moony, and me and Padfoot, and me and Wormtail. Yes, it might be weird, but with James it was different.

So I ran up the stairs to go to the Astronomy Tower, where I would normally go to sit and read, study, or simply relax. But now, I was going to do whatever James had planned. Though knowing James, he probably hadn't planned anything, which of course was fine with me.

"Hello."

A voice greeted me at the stairs, making me jump in surprise. "Hello, James." I greet him, making sure he didn't mention anything that had happened a few seconds earlier.

"So," I start, swinging around one of the rails, "Why did you bring me here?" I ask him, then I sit down on the benches. He sits down next to me, "I don't know. I guess I felt like we both need some time away from the world."

He shrugs, and I nod. It was true. "What to do from here?" I ask, and he pulls out his wand. "Accio picnic." A picnic basket along with a mat flies threw the balcony, and sits itself down on the floor.

"Come on."

He smirks, and sits down by the blanket. I quickly follow, seeing as there had been muggle pizza and strawberries. "You know this is like High School Musical, right?" I tell him, dipping my strawberry into sugar. He scrunched his eyebrows, "What's that?" He asks, completely flabbergasted.

I shake my head, "Never mind." He shrugs, and eats his pizza. After awhile, some music starts playing. "What's going on?" I asked him. "Do you not know?" He asks me, and I shake my head. "There's a Wizard Concert going on tonight."

"Ooh. That's why Alex was freaking out in our dorm room.." I mutter, making him smile. "You've been so engulfed in your work that you barely have been keeping up with everyone." He says, and I laugh, though it wasn't really funny. "Yup."

"Let's dance." He says, and I laugh. "Why not!" I exclaim, and we just start randomly dancing, doing whatever.

And the rest of the night was filled with giggles and random talking. And I think it's safe to say that that was the best night of my life.