Hogwarts and The Sorting

"What the bloody hell," Sirius starts, "Is that thing?" He asks, looking at my phone. "Oh, it's just my phone.. A muggle thing." And he went back to looking. I swear, this kid has the shortest attention span.. Ever.

Once we came ashore, we got out, and met a lady win her grey and white hair in a bun, by the door.

"Hello students, I"m Proffesor Mcgonagoll, and today you will be sorted into a house. This house will be where you stay for the next 7 years you will be at Hogwarts." She paused, looking at all of us, "The 4 houses are Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff."

And she opened the doors.

I gasped. I was beautiful, with the ceiling bewitched to looked like the sky, floating candles everywhere. It was truly beautiful.

"Where's the hat?" James asks, peeking over my shoulder to see. "What hat?" I ask, but to get attention. "Must be somewhere..." Sirius replies to James, ignoring me. "What hat?" I ask again, attempting to be patient.

"Doesn't seem like it." James says, know resting his head on my shoulder. "What hat?!?!" I exclaim, officially irritated.

"Oh, it's over there." Remus says, pointing over to the stool, smirking at me. "Jerks.." I mutter, loud enough so he can here, which made Peter laugh so frickin hard

"Abaya, Catherine!" McGonagoll called, and a girl with wavy ginger hair walked up to the front. After a few minutes, the hat shouted, "RAVENCLAW!" And the table, apparently the Ravenclaw's, burst in to cheers.

"Black, Sirius!" And Sirius swiftly walked up, and I was legit scared for his life. "Different..." That hat muttered, then proceeded to yell, "GRYFFINDOR!" And the whole hall went into silence, while Sirius was grinning like an idiot.

"BOO!" The Black family members yell, and James yelled out to them, "SOD OFF!"

After names got called, it felt like forever until my name was called. Everyone else (meaning Remus, James, Peter and Sirius) had gotten into Gryffindor, along with Lily Evans, Molly Prewett, Marlene McKinnon, Alice Lightwood and Frank Longbottom and a couple other people.

"Snow, Brooklyn!" I jerked my head up, suddenly uninterested in my finger nails, and silently walked towards the stool, the whole entire school's eyes on me.

"Muggleborn, eh?" It asks, and I simply nod my head, feeling self - conscious. "Not Hufflepuff.. That's for sure, too lazy and a troublemaker." I laughed silently, and did one of those things where you scoff and laugh, offended but you make a joke about it.

"Hey!" I exclaim, "I take offense to that!" And it laughed. I feel weird saying it laughed, rather than he. Because objects, don't normally do that.. Heh.

"Yeah, yeah. I know objects don't talk.." He says, quite busy, and I make a face that said, 'The hell?'

"Your brother's a Ravenclaw.. Though you break quite a bit of rules.. No, no. Though you do focus on your studies. Cunning and Sly for Slytherin.. Though you don't belong there. Not that much at least.. I'll put you in, GRYFFINDOR!"

Oh glory, hallelujah.