The Summer

Hi! Quick Authors note! Thank you guys for all the comments, reads and votes. It's insane! I promise to update more, but I do have another account called 'sleepinginablanket'. It's shared with my friend Patty. She does the minecraft stuff, I do the Harry Potter stuff. Anyways, on with the chapter! 

(by the way, Toby's Estate is not real)

        The next couple days were pretty mundane. I told the twins all that happened, because they had sort of become more of my brothers than 'kind of-sort of' friends that they used to be. Talking, and talking, and talking for hours. I also found myself confinding my sadness to them, because their type of comforting was different then everybody elses. 

Fabian and Gideon didn't comfort you, they didn't tell you that everything was okay, they didn't cry, they didn't make you laugh, but they didn't make you feel bad either. They just listened. They listened to your rage, what you had to say, and they stayed silent. And that was what I needed.

        So all-in-all, they knew a lot about me. And I knew a lot about them, because they did the same thing to me. One by one, or the two of them together. 

My parents have also been bothering me about the whole Voldemort thing. And my love life. My Dad is telling me that I'm not supposed to date yet, and focus on more important things, and my Mom telling me to go for it. But, I decided to follow my Dad's advice, by focusing on my tests, and the whole Voldemort-thing. 

        But it's the end of 6th Year, and I'm going home, and in a couple of months, I have to do something that... well, you'll see. The 6 years of my Hogwarts life have not been all that eventful, as you can tell. I skipt over everything. The hardcore things are yet to come, AKA an average wizard life. Which is, basically, a very hardcore life. 

I'm back at home, and Emma and William are now 7 years old! Remember them? Probably don't, they weren't that well mentioned. Tyler graduated at my 4th year, which sucked. But anyways, Emma and William are inseprable. They share the same friends, same bedroom, but are polar opposites. Emma is very.. artistic. Loves painting, horses, rainbows, landscapes, and the color blue. William loves red,  sports, and stereotypical boy things. You could hear them laughing, in the bedroom, whilst I'm waiting for that promised letter from James. 

        And I got it. 

Dear Brooke, 

hi! I owled you! Surprise, surprise! Hey, me and Lily are going to the movies later, want to come? It's that big theater in the center of London at 4:30. 

        Anyways, how is your summer? By the way, when do you plan to.. you know. I feel bad for you, like, really bad. But how is Emma? Does she miss me? Aaron was a douche last time. Just kidding. Don't take that seriously, and don't tell anyone as well. 

Sirius has moved in as well. Well, you know that. He's practically lived hear since a year ago. But I mean, he has officially moved in. He shares his room with me, he calls my parents Mum and Dad just like you do! Also, can you please come over next week? I miss you, and so does my parents.

Love you, James. 

"That.. is weird." I say to myself, reading the tiny piece of parchment in my hands. First off, 'Love you?' He doesn't mean it, because of the mention of Lily earlier on. He loves me in a best friend way. And second off, why would I go on THEIR date. Anyways. Emma likes James, and Aaron is her friend who clearly has a crush on her. 

        I decided to write him back.

Dear James, 

hello. Yeah, I was expecting the letter today. You did this last year as well. Um, I am sort of busy at 4, I got a summer job at the Café around the corner. You know, Toby's Estate. Come say hi if you want. And I would've said no anyways, because I would've felt like I was intruding. 

Yeah, I'm sort of planning on that thing. Sort of hitting me hard, because, it's not just my parents. It's Emma, William, even the dog. It sucks. But yeah, Emma misses you. I don't know if I can come next week, but you can come! Come over! Anytime, my Mum just doesn't allow me to go out. My Dad doesn't, either. 

Tell Sirius I say hello, because I haven't owled him at all. I will, though. I just got a lot on my mind. I miss you as well. 

Sincerely yours, Brooke. 

I wrap it up, and give it to my owl. 

*

I walk to Toby's Estate, and see a flash of red hair, and glasses following after it. Oh, fuck. I run to the left, making sure we don't cross ways. I full a strangers hat out of their bag, andput the fedora over my head, slightly covering one side of my face. "Brooke!" Yeah, I'm fuggin screwed. 

        Trying to run fast with other people, and a guy beside me, possibly the nicest stranger ever, stood in front of me and hugged me, whispering, "Pretend we're old friends." James walks over to me, and looks at me weirdly. "Oh, hi James!" I let go of the stranger, looking at James. "This is.. Steve! We're friends from pre-school!" I exclaim, trying to hide all the lies. Steve wasn't even his name. "Oh, cool! Lily, come over here." Lily walks over, her hair in a side braid. "Hi.." She says, looking me up and down. I wave awkwardly. "Who's that?" She points to stranger. "Uh, my friend! His name is Steve.." Stranger, you could see, looks at me oddly. I shrug. 

"Well, uh, me and Steve got to go! I've got to work, and, uh, he has a date in Toby's Estate! See you next week!" I wave them off, and run, pulling stranger with me.