CHAPTER 2

SCARLETT

"If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

One of the hardest things in my life was saying goodbye to the people I love the most. I had already done it once before and that feeling is unimaginable and not in a good way. So here I am standing in front of my house with my bags already packed and loaded in the car and with my friends to the side who look like they are about to cry any second now.

I can see that Ryder is trying to not cry as he always thinks it makes him weak and I have to assure him every time that it is okay for men to cry.

I bid them my goodbyes shedding a few tears as well and hopping on the car with a sigh.

New Jersey, here I come.

I had one of the worst jet lag ever to say the least

I had one of the worst jet lag ever to say the least. But after those horrendous hours I am finally HOME. Walking into my old house, it looks exactly the same, well except for the dust covering it. My parents follow behind with the rest of the luggages and I go up to my room.

It's not a fancy one, just a simple room with a king size bed, a closet, a desk and a tv. I unpack a few of the necessary things and FINALLY lie down. I knew already tomorrow was going to be tough as I'm starting back at Princeton Public School.

Yes, I'm already aware of the fact that I'm going to run into Asher, Charlotte, Olivia and the others. The truth is, I don't want to hear their shitty apologies anymore. I just want to get through senior year without any obstacles.

The alarm blares in my ear indicating that the day I've dreaded the most has arrived

The alarm blares in my ear indicating that the day I've dreaded the most has arrived. I dragged myself to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, bathed and got ready for the day.

I was wearing a tank top, with ripped jeans and a black bomber jacket. It's funny thinking back to when I used to wear a hoodie, leggings and glasses. Going to California really changed me. I started wearing contacts, I am not insecure to show my skin and I began to speak up for myself. Hell, I don't think people will recognize me.

I went down to see my mother making waffles and I immediately dived into it. Hugging my mother goodbye I step outside my house ready to face the day.

My dad is dropping me at school today as it has been a long time since I've been in New Jersey and I honestly don't remember anything.

I finally arrive in front of my school, the words WELCOME TO PRINCETON PUBLIC SCHOOL big and bold. I watch as my father's car drives off and I walk inside the premises.

Looking around, nothing much has changed except for a few posters, where the lockers are situated. I check my phone to see which locker I am and see that I am "34" . I check my phone to see my classes for the day. I bump into a shoulder making me drop my books and my phone.

"Oh! I'm sorry," I mutter, bending down to pick my books, still haven't looked at who I bumped into.

But when I gaze up, I see a pair of brown eyes that I would recognize anywhere looking down at me.

Asher's.

AN:!~

do u guys want asher's pov or scar's pov more?

INSTAGRAM: _destinydawn._

-DD <3