CHAPTER 3

ASHER

I can't believe who's standing in front of me. The hot and beautiful Scarlett. Not the geeky kid with glasses I knew back then but either way she looked like a goddess in my eyes. I don't know for how long we've both stared at each other, I looked around to see a crowd forming around making her break eye contact and walk away to her class as if she didn't know me.

I didn't expect her to be here in New jersey. My mom told that the Jones moved to Cali for good and never will return. I am really happy that she is here but I am angry at her . After she moved to Cali she never answered my calls. we just stopped being friends.

I check what's my first class today and I groan. English. Don't get me wrong I love english, I am even thinking about pursuing literature, but I just hate the teacher.

I entered the class on time, I know, surprising! I look around to see only to find 2 seats available which are seated next to each other. I walk up to the desk and get myself seated when I notice Scarlett rushing into the class, panting. She looks around only to find a seat next to me available and I give her my famous smirk. What caught me is that she showed no emotion on her face whatsoever. Wow. Right on cue the bell rang and she had no choice but to sit with me. Well if she isn't going to talk to me, I'm not gonna bother trying. I know, how mature.

The devil itself aka Mrs. Cecily entered the class with her stern look which is a default setting on her face. She tells us that we are going to be doing a project on the Great Gatsby in pairs. I just give a bored look, as I'm gonna make whoever is my pair to do all the work.

The students started cheering but it was quickly gone as she said that she will be choosing for us.

"Cole and Mia, Lily and Dylan, Asher and....Scarlett" she says. I quickly snapped my head up wondering if I heard it right. But by looking at Scarlett who had her eyes widened, I DID HEAR IT RIGHT.

"But-" Scarlett started not wanting anything to do with me, Mrs.Cecily gave her a stern look as if daring her to speak back, making her quickly shut up.

I turn to her with a smirk. "So, what are we gonna do, partner ?" I ask her , amusement lacing my words. She just flipped me off and went back to do her work. Feisty.Where's the innocent Scarlett that I know..?

As soon as the bell rang, Scarlett rushed out of the class before I could ask her what had happened to her that made her completely change. Brushing it off I exit the class bumping into Scarlett once again. She doesn't seem to notice me bumping into her and she just remains frozen at that place. I follow her gaze to see her staring at Charlotte and Charlotte staring right back. Hurt could clearly be seen in Charlotte's eyes while Scarlett just stares at her and walks off to her locker. This whole reunion was confusing as hell.

It was currently  lunch time and I was sitting along with Noah, Charlotte, Olivia and a few other boys from the football team

It was currently lunch time and I was sitting along with Noah, Charlotte, Olivia and a few other boys from the football team. At the corner of my eyes I could see Scarlett going up to sit with a few people whom I couldn't recognize. I see the guy saying something, which makes her laugh.

I couldn't decipher why it made me clench my fists wanting nothing more than to walk up to them and punch him.

I must have been staring at them for quite a while, because I heard Olivia screech, "Oh my god, is that Scarlett?!" and now everyone is staring at her. Olivia gets up and walks over to her before I could stop her. I share a look with Noah. This is not gonna end well.

AN:~

This is a short chapter ! hope u  like it!

- DD <3