CHAPTER 34

ASHER

I barge into the locker room and I see my teammates's eyes widen. "Captain, you are back!" Nick yells , making all of my teammates run up towards me.
"I knew you would come," Noah says with a prideful smile. I look at my teammates and they all have a hopeful look.

"Guys round up" I announced and immediately they did so. "Guys I am extremely sorry that I couldn't attend the practice or for just leaving without telling anything , but the only thing that should be inside your mind is that we are gonna crush them!" I say and they all cheer. "Letsgo" I say , telling them to exit the locker room and I see my couch furiously walking towards me "Asher you are the team captain and I don't appreciate you just leaving like that" he says with a stern look. I don't look at his face because of the guilt so I look aways.

"Promise me that you will win," he says, putting his hands on my shoulder. "Definitely coach" I tell him with confidence. "Now go out there and crush them," he says, patting my back.

I run to the ground and the crowd goes crazy. I looked around and I found the most beautiful pair of green eyes staring at me. Scar's. My eyes soften looking at her. I frown at her because she looks pale. The referee whistles, making me run towards my team.

Then I see jake. Literally the person I hate the most , today his ugly face is gonna get uglier.

( 𝐒𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐖 )

We won , we fucking won. The crowd is going absolutely crazy but the only thing in my mind is to beat the shit out of jake. All of my teammates are carrying cause I scored the last two touchdowns.

"Guys guys put me down" I tell them and they do so. "Asher I swear to god we would've won if it wasn't for you" Jacob says making me frown. "It's teamwork jacob" I say and they all nod. By the corner of my eyes I can feel her eyes on me. Before I talk to her I need to do something.

I walk towards Jake's team and "oh please don't come here to flaunt your win" he says making me scoff  "I am not as cheap as you Jake" I say and he rolls his eyes "Then why are you here?" He asks with his arms crossed. Without wasting any time my fist collides with his face and he falls down.

He winced and before he could do anything I pushed him to the ground and I started punching him with all my power. "You ruined her" I yelled, punching him with every word.

"The fuck, did you touch her" I yell and he manges to get a punch and pushes me off him.

"You heartless asshole, you deserve to die for what you did to her" I yell standing up and pushing him on the ground once again and punching him directly in the face and I hear a crack but I pay no attention to that. Scarlett's broken sobs keep repeating in my head and I punch with more fury each time.

"Fuck you, fucking die" I snarl and shove of the person who tried to get me to stop.

Everyone tries to stop me but no use because i won't stop until he is dead "you thought hurting her will hurt me? You know what you are right but what you forgot is that I will literally kill you" I rage and I don't think I've ever been this angry but this fucker had the audacity to videotape her and blackmail her with it.

"Who the fuck are you to touch her huh? You are a coward , you are a dick you couldn't face me yourself" I shout, my knuckles are bleeding from the force I'm hitting him with, but I don't care.

"Asher stop" Suddenly I hear Scarlett crying, making me stop and my head snaps towards her. "Asher Asher he got what he deserved now leave him please leave him" she cries out and holds he hand out to me. I look at Jake then back at her and my face instantly softens. I take her hand reluctantly and she pulls me towards the nurse's room.

No one is there. She takes out a few bandages, antiseptic liquid and some cotton. I stare at her intently but she avoids my eyes and just focuses on bandaging my hand. Around 5 minutes goes of bysilent treatment and I finally cave in.

"Are you going to talk to me or not?" I ask her with a raised brow. She doesn't reply and continues putting antiseptic cream on my wounds and I hiss. Another 5 minutes go of this and I had enough.

"Scarlett....come onnnnn, talk to meeee" I whine and she finally looks up at me.

"you wanna talk? Fine! Why did you leave?" she asks, glaring at me. She shoves my shoulder and asks again.

"Scarlett whatever happened to you it was because of me" I told her quietly looking down, ashamed of myself. She holds my chin and lifts my head up.

"No it wasn't your mistake!! None of it was! I was angry on you because you didn't pick up the phone that day but you too were hurt Ash , a fucking accident!!" she exclaims and I can see her eyes glistening.

"Jake wouldn't have threatened you if it wasn't for me!" I told her, tears building up in my eyes too at the thought of what happened to Scarlett that day and the fact that I wasn't there for her after I promised her I will always be there for her.

"What nonsense! He is delusional" she said with a disgusted yet angry tone.

"Scarlett this is all my fault, accept that" I told her with a soft sigh.

"Asher shut up, isn't it! I should have visited you when you were in the hospital but instead I thought you were ignoring me! It's my fault for ruining our relationship " she told me, a tear streaming down her eye and my eyes widened. Did she really think that? I take my hand and gently wipe her tears away.

"Scarlett what no!! You were going through so much and no you did not ruin our relationship" I assure her with a nod. At this point, tears are streaming down in both of our faces. We both stare at each other and slowly lean in. This wasn't a simple kiss, it was a kiss full of emotion. Anger, sadness, happiness, joy and the feeling of finally being in each other's arms. Both of us are far from okay but what matters right now is that we are in each other's arms at last and together we can face anything.

AN:

Asher's on a bit of a roll there, damnn

Guys the book is coming to an end.

- DD <3