CHAPTER 22

(Play the song above when mentioned)                                                     

SCARLETT

This weekend was amazing. I had so much fun. After the "incident" me and Asher did not speak to each other. Now I am returning home with Ryder.

"Sooo Ryderrr" I smirk while calling him. He does not take his eyes off the road " shut it scar I know what you are going to say" He says making me roll my eyes. "Oh come on Ryder!" I say while playfully hitting him on the shoulder.

"Ok fine!so..Noah and I may or may not have made out on the beach , after the game ! There! I said it now shut up!" He screamed without taking his eyes off the road.

"Whattt!" I exclaim " oh my goddddd yess finally!! My ship has sailed!" I yell in excitement. " Scarlett, you are being dramatic and we aren't dating or something" he says, making me frown. "Well you should then!" I huff , folding my arms.

He finally looks at me and laughs at my behavior.

Monday , my hate for Monday is just so much. Today my mum dropped me to school and now I am walking along the corridors and somebody startles me with a back hug , i turn around to see Charlotte.

"Good morning!" she beams at us. How can someone be so active on a Monday morning?

"Morning Charlotte" I say politely . She puts her hand on my shoulders " what classes do you have today" she asks me. I sigh " umm calc , history , english and I think i have a free a period" I reply to her question . Before she could say something Noah came to us with his hand on his bag straps " heyy" he greets us and we greet him back. " so scar" he says with a smirk and puts his hand on my shoulder. Now I am between these two.

"So?" I ask with my eyebrows raised. "What did you and Asher do that night?" he asked me with a smirk , making my eyes wide open. " what!" Charlotte yells. Making everyone in the corridor look at us. I hide my face in embarrassment " guys! Nothing happened!" I whisper , and my finger is on my lips telling them to shut up.

"Sure" Noah says with an eye roll. " You are telling me about this later," Charlotte tells me while pointing her finger towards me.

The bell rings and that's my cue to leave, I wave them goodbye.

( play the music given above)

After finishing my last class I am walking towards my locker now , while walking towards it I find the music room empty. It's been a while.

I slowly walk towards the digital piano and I open the piano. I seriously don't know the last time I played or sang. Singing and playing the guitar and the piano is what healed me through the years.

I play c chord and huff because I don't know what to play. My fingers start playing "Winter bear" by V.

And I started singing.

"Imagine your face

Say hello to me

'Til all the bad days

They're nothing to me

With you"

I close my eye and Asher's brown eyes were the first thing that came into my mind while singing. I am falling for him hard aren't I?

Asher Parker is the only guy who made me feel like this.

"Winter bear

Ooh, ooh, ooh

Sleep like a winter bear

Ooh, ooh, ooh

Sleep like a winter bear"

His face makes me feel calm , He was my home and still is.

After finishing the song I slowly open my eyes and a smile forms on my lips.

I climb on my bed to reach the loft. I open the loft to take out my suitcase. Pastel pink suitcase.

I take it out and I drop it on my bed and close my loft. I get down and open my closet , to pick out a few clothes. I chose 3 dresses , 5 shorts , 1 half shoulder top , 1 flowy dress , 2 pairs of jeans and 5 tees. All this for the school trip! It's for a whole week.

I grab my laptop and charger.

-------

After packing my suitcase I threw myself at the bed. I leave out a sigh. Finally

I take my phone out of my pocket and I open Instagram . I open my dms , I see a few of my friends from cali texted me and I reply to them asap.

After replying I decided to stalk Charlotte because why not? I searched up her account and I opened her page. I haven't been active on Instagram for awhile so I didn't know what she posted.

Her account is so aesthetic. She has 7 posts. I opened her recent one. Wait! It's from this week at Olivia's .

The first pic was a group photo of me , Charlotte ,Olivia ,Ryder, Noah and Asher.

I zoom in on Ash's face to see him not looking at the camera instead he is smiling at someone in front of him.

It was me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Winter bear is such a beautiful song and her voice is so soothing!

INSTAGRAM: _destinydawn._

- DD