CHAPTER 13

ASHER

"Ha! No way I am getting on that!" she yells. I look at her with disbelief " what's wrong?" I ask her with an annoyed tone. "What's wrong?! I don't want to die!" she says, making me furious. "Get on or I will make you" I warn her " make me?" she scoffs. I step in front of her , I can smell her rose perfume. I wanna kiss her right now. Shut up brain!

"Scarlett Jones you better get on this bike before I will resort to something you wont like" i lean and whisper it to her. She gulps "umm okay I get the helmet then" she says while moving away from me.

I sit one the bike , she hesitantly gets on the bike "hold on tight" I tell her. She slowly wraps her hand on torso "go slow" she says "anything for you m'lady" I say with a smirk.

" you call that slow!" she yells while getting up from the bike. " yes it is!" I yell back. She glares at me , making me chuckle. "Finally!" Noah shouts while running towards me , " sorry , I needed some time convincing someone here" I scowl at Scar , she rolls her eyes looking at my expression. "Congrats on your win Noah" scar congratulates Noah. "Thank you! I am so glad that you are here! And sorry for earlier" he says with an apologetic look. Why is he saying sorry?!". "Nah it's okay" scar replies.

We enter the house , all we can hear is loud music, I see Ken so I tell scar " stay here with Noah I will be back" she hesitantly nods her head "I will be back soon don't worry " I assure her.

After having a long talk with Ken , I walk around the house searching for scar and Noah

After having a long talk with Ken , I walk around the house searching for scar and Noah. I hear a couple of people cheer "chug! Chug! chug! Chug!" I push through the group of people to see Scar chugging red cups of alcohol. It looks like she finished 3-4 cups. I quickly walk towards her " oh hi Ash! Where were you??" she asks with a goofy grin and hazy eyes. " I missed you" she says with a pout before I can respond to her question. She missed me? She is definitely drunk.

"Ok you are drunk" I said to her " No! No! I am not!" she yells. I chuckle at her behavior "ok let's get out of here" i say grabbing her hand. She almost trips , I catch her before she can fall , "careful" I warn her. I place one of my hands on her waist so that she won't trip again.

Before we can get out of the house I hear Olivia's voice "Ash! Leaving so soon?" I turned her around to see Olivia with her cronies. "Yeah" I say , trying to sound boring so that she can leave me alone. " Are you with her?" she says while eyeing at Scarlett. "Nooooo! He is with meeeee" she says with a genuine smile. Is she happy that she came with me?. "Asher do you wanna come over to my house" Olivia says while playing with my shirt buttons.

"Look Olivia, I'm kind of busy right now, maybe next time" I say impatiently. Scarlett is holding onto my arm, giggling. You heard it right, GIGGLING. Apparently this conversation is funny.

"But-"

"Olivia, are you deaf? He literally just said he can't. You really gotta stop before you embarrass yourself" Scarlett remarks with a smirk making both mine and Olivia's eyes go wide. Damn! Drunk Scar is a savage!

"Alright let's get you on the bike" I say pulling Scarlett and myself away from the she devil.

I start the engine and drive to her house. I take the keys from her purse, I can see her starting to doze off so I pick her up bridal style and quietly go to her room. I nudge her gently, making her stir.

"I know you want to sleep but I also know how you hate sleeping with makeup on and without comfortable clothes" I say, making a small smile appear on her face. I give her make-up wipes and a tank top and shorts. She goes into the bathroom, changes and gets snuggled up in her blanket.

She mumbles something along the lines of "good night and I've missed you" and goes to sleep. I freeze, I brush it off thinking that I've heard it wrong. Conscious Scarlett won't say that to me ever. Or would she?I brush her hair off her forehead, place a chaste kiss there.

"Good night Scar" I whisper.

Scarlett stirs in her sleep and beckons me to come close to her. At first I think that she's just talking in her sleep but she is wide awake. And she says something which makes my heart just about stop

"I've missed you Asher" she says and then only I realize now how close our faces are but neither of us make a move. We just stare at each other's eyes. I lean backwards. I don't want to kiss her. I want our first kiss to be proper and not when she's drunk and half asleep. She understands why I'm doing that and just gives me a smile and closes her eyes.

Scarlett Jones is making me have butterflies in my stomach and I like it.

I go to the floor where I've made my makeshift bed. I lie down on my mattress. I've already texted my parents informing them I'll be staying the night at Scarlett's house. I finally go to sleep with a content sigh. 

AN:

Scarlett and Asher are the cutest istg!
Be safe :)

- DD