CHAPTER 14

SCARLETT

I wake up and immediately clutch my head. Hangovers are a bitch. Why did I drink that much last night?! I look towards my right and squint, is that a... foot? Right at cue Asher opens his eyes and I scream. That's an understatement. I scream bloody murder.

"Calm down! You have woken up the whole neighborhood!" Asher exclaims, rubbing his eyes. What the hell happened and why is he in my room?

He notices my disoriented and curious expression and asks, "You don't remember what happened?" He asks. I shame my head.

"I just remember getting absolutely wasted and then walking up here. Why did something happen?" I ask knowing for sure that I did something stupid.

"Nope" he says but the smirk on his face is as evident as daylight. I squint my eyes at him.

"Alright now get out" I say, pushing him out of the door.

"Hey, if you wanted me to get out you could've just asked" he tells me raised brows.

"Yeah but where's the fun in that?" I ask him while crossing my arms. I don't give him a chance to answer as I slam the door in his face. I get ready for the day and go down the stairs only to find him tapping his foot impatiently.

"Wow! You got ready so fast!" He exclaims in fake shock. I roll my eyes at him and head to the kitchen only to be stopped by him.

"Come on, you are eating breakfast at my house, and don't argue we both know I'm gonna win. Also I need a change of clothes" he tells me giving me no place to argue while dragging me out. I lock the doors and walk towards his house. It's just a few feet away from mine. It seems his parents already know I'm coming over.

Asher is going to take his bike while I go to his house. I ring the doorbell only to be greeted by a loud squeal and hurried footsteps. I wonder who that is? The door opens and I see Sophie practically jumping from joy.

"SCARLETT" she exclaims and launches herself onto me. I chuckle and wrap my arms around her. I see Samantha walking towards us.

"Sophia, how many times have I told you it is impolite to greet people like that" she scolds. Sophia pouts and mumbles sorry.

"It's fine Samantha, I don't mind" I say with a genuine smile.

By this time Asher has come back and he gives his sister a kiss on her cheek and his mother a hug.

We head to the kitchen for breakfast. Asher's mom has made pancakes with maple syrup and fruits.

We are in the middle of eating when Samantha asks, " do you still continue singing Scarlett?" She asks me, I give her a smile.

"Yes actually, one of my friends in California encouraged me to sing again and we used to sing in clubs, restaurants and small parties." I tell her, making Asher's eyes widen in surprise.

Before she could ask further, Joseph entered, making my eyes widen in surprise. It has been so long since I've seen him. He's like a second father to me.

"Joseph!" I exclaim walking over to give him a hug.

"Scarlett! Oh look at you! The last time I saw you, you and Asher were making jokes about who draws better but look at you now!" He says, making me chuckle. Asher isn't fully okay with Joseph being his step dad but he tries, for Sophia and his mother's sake. Sophia runs over to him and hugs his leg.

"Daddyyyyyy" Sophia looks up at him with a goofy smile. He smiles and picks her up and kisses her forehead.

"Hey munchkin, did you eat well?" He says, making her nod her head frantically.

"Yes! I had this many pancakes" she says holding up three fingers making all of us smile. 

After leaving Ash's house , I lie on the bed

After leaving Ash's house , I lie on the bed. What am I going to do now?. It's Saturday and I have nothing to do. Ughhh I miss ryder. I suddenly jumped because of the loud ringtone of my phone. I look up at the phone to see Charlotte calling me , I immediately pick up the phone.

"Scar! Hiii" she exclaims. " Hey Charlotte ! wassup!" I ask her " nothing much, I am so bored" she says " ugh same" i groan. Wait, I am gonna call her over!. " umm char do you wanna come over?" i asked her politely "oh hell yeah! Will be there in 10" she yells through the phone.

Exactly after 10 mins the doorbell rings. Damn she is punctual. I run downstairs and I open the door to see char with 2 bags. What's with the bags? "Hey char!!" i hugged her "Scar are u ready!?" she says, breaking the hug.

We threw ourselves down on the bed and sighed heavily "omg today was so fun Scarlett!" she said, facing her head towards me. Yes we did! We took 100 photos , we played with makeup , looked at old pictures and videos of each other and reminisced about all of our great memories and loudly sang the lyrics of every Taylor Swift song! "Yes, tell me about it!" I replied.

"Scarr" char said slowly. " yeah ?" I say getting up from the bed. "Do you still have feelings for Ash?" she asked me with her eyes fixed on mine.i honestly don't know, I don't want to get hurt by him again.. "Still?" I look at her with a confused look. I never told her about my feelings to him though. " Please Scar, everyone knows that you guys are mad for each other , don't bother denying it" she said with a stern look. I sigh and I sit next to her. " no" I say, looking at my feet. "Scar, don't lie," Charlotte says. "No, I am not Charlotte, I don't have feelings for him" I say, shaking my head. "You are in denial , I hope one day you will realize it. It's 7. I have to leave and I have practice. See you on Monday!" she says while exiting my room "byee char" I wave her good bye.

AN:

What do you guys think? Is Scarlett saying the truth or is she lying to herself?

INSTAGRAM: _destinydawn._

- DD