CHAPTER 4

SCARLETT

I look up to see Olivia approach me and the others staring at us to see how this encounter is going to play out.

She comes to my table with a smirk, "hello" she says. I just glance at her and go back to eating my food. I look at the others who are sitting with me to see them minding their own businesses.

It might seem like a bitch move but the truth is I don't want anything to do with my past and Olivia is a constant reminder of that.

Olivia waves her hand in my face as if that is going to make me talk to her. Eventually I got annoyed and I looked up at her with a smile that didn't quite reach my eyes.

"Yes Olivia?" I ask, wanting nothing more than this encounter to be over.

"Did you just ignore me?" she asks in a bitchy tone. I look at her as if she's grown two heads.

"Um, yes I did?" I say in a matter of fact tone.

"Oooh someone's gotten sassy" she tells me as if I didn't already know that. Amateurs.

"Well Olivia, people change. Of course you wouldn't know anything about that. Now can you please leave so I can finish my lunch in peace?" I ask with a smirk. She just scoffs at me and walks off. Well I don't know about others but I sure as hell feel a lot better after doing that.

I suddenly spot Asher staring at me with his eyes wide. Is there something on my face? And my heart flutters when I see his brown eyes on me so I break eye contact and continue eating my lunch.

 Is there something on my face? And my heart flutters when I see his brown eyes on me so I break eye contact and continue eating my lunch

Finally I am on my bed after a very long day . I have successfully ignored Asher and Charlotte , It was harder than I thought. When I saw Asher all I wanted to do was to give him a huge hug . I felt like crying when I saw Charlotte, I covered my face with my hands and let out a huge sigh.

Oh shit!. What am I going to do for the eng project!? How am I gonna face Asher? Ugh the universe hates me.

"Ok students don't forget your eng project , submit it before next friday" Mrs Cecily announces and my heart drops

"Ok students don't forget your eng project , submit it before next friday" Mrs Cecily announces and my heart drops. I slowly turn my head towards Asher , to see him already looking at me with a smirk. Fuck you Asher. I just glare at him. Suddenly he walks up to me "what are we going to do partner?" he asks with the smirk still on his face. I give him a cold look.

"We can go to your house and finish reading the book then we can make the ppt?" I ask him with an unimpressed gaze, Asher is taken aback by my coldness but nods his head nonetheless. Let's get this over with.

 Let's get this over with

ASHER

I need to know what happened to Scarlett. She's not the same, she's cold to others. I NEED to know what happened to the kind and loving girl that I fell in love with. She looked like she would rather be paired with anyone but me for the project. Although I would never admit it, that hurt like hell.

School just got over and I see the coach calling at me well, more like yelling to hurry up and come to practice. I go over to see all of my teammates already practicing. I see Noah calling over me to hurry my ass up. I roll my eyes and go over to them.

Practice just got over and I see a familiar face. Ugh. Jake. Jake is a member of rival football and also in street racing. I hate him with a burning passion. He walks over to us with a smirk and his hands in his pockets. The boys all groan at the sight of him.

"Hello Asher" he says, hate laced in his voice."wtf do u want jake" I snapped at him. "Woah cool down Asher. I am not here to see you" before i could ask who he wanted to meet , he yelled "SCAR!". How tf does he know her?!

She froze when she heard his voice , she was terrified , she didn't even look at jake. Jake's smirk got bigger. Scar quickly ran away. Why did she run? What did he do?. My head is filled with questions.

"So it is true that Scarlett moved back," Jake said with a chuckle. " How do you now her!?'' I yelled at him "you don't know? Aren't you and Scarlett best friends" he asked with an evil smirk on his face . My face fell. He chuckled " oh right! U guys aren't best friends anymore, my bad '' I glared at him "Get lost jake".

 He chuckled " oh right! U guys aren't best friends anymore, my bad '' I glared at him "Get lost jake"

SCARLETT

I noticed that one of Asher's books was in my bag and I know that he will be at football practice now so I head over there. Not that I want to of course. I see that the practice had just gotten over and I notice Asher talking with someone, well more like looking annoyed. He looks familiar but I can't recognize him as his back is turned towards me. I lock eye contact with Asher and before I can tell him as to why I'm there, the other guy turns towards me and my eyes instantly widen.

No it can't be him, please no. But by the smirk that adorns his face he knows exactly who I am.

He yells my name wanting me to come over to them. He is saying something about me moving back but I can't understand a thing. My vision is blurred and I quickly run away forgetting that I came to give Asher's book back in the first place.

AN:

what do you think jake did? hope you like this chapter!

INSTAGRAM: _destinydawn._

-DD <3