CHAPTER 12

ASHER

I see Scar give me a smile. A smile? Finally after 2 years she gave me a smile. My heart. She gets up to come towards me but suddenly she stops and looks at her phone with terror. She turns away and goes somewhere. " Scar!" I yelled but she couldn't hear it , before I could run after her Noah gave me a hug " captain! We won because of you!" he yells " nah it's called teamwork noah. Ummm i have to go" i break the hug and run towards the direction scar went.

I am in the parking lot right now and I suddenly see someone's hand on scar's wrist , while she winces in pain. I ran up to her to see Jake with a disgusting smirk.

I didn't hesitate to throw my fists on his face , Jake fell down. I hear Scar gasp , she holds my shoulder trying to stop me from hitting him. " Ash stop , please!" scar says which makes me stop. "Let's get out of here scar" I announce . I pulled her hand , surprisingly she didn't say anything.

"Scar i can spill your dirty little secret" Jake says while wiping off the blood in his face which i caused. Scar freezes, what does he know?

"Asher, do you want to know about it?" he asks. I do, I really do but it's not his secret to tell . "Jake, shut up!" Scar yells at him. Jake looks taken back at that. "Confident that your boyfriend is here?" he asks with a smirk.

"He is not my boyfriend and if you tell him or anyone else about it , you seriously think he will spare your life jake?" she tells him and the smirk on his face instantly gets wiped off. Noah calls for us to come back and I can see that she is still shocked by what has happened moments ago. What did Jake do that made Scarlett grow quite defensive? But before I can ask her anything, she mutters a quick thank you and walks off and I'm just standing there wondering what the hell just happened?

 What did Jake do that made Scarlett grow quite defensive? But before I can ask her anything, she mutters a quick thank you and walks off and I'm just standing there wondering what the hell just happened?

I am currently getting ready for the after party. I am wearing a dark red full sleeve shirt with black pants. I open the first few buttons of the shirt and I brush my hair with my hand. I take my keys and walk out of the house. I suddenly see Scar across the street giving her parents a hug. I see suitcases around the car. I guess they are going out. I ran up toward them. The Jones were happy to see me unlike Scarlett.

" Omg hi Asher! I heard that your team won, congrats!" Mrs. Jones exclaims. I chuckle " Thank you Cassie" I thank her. "We are actually going on a business trip and we will be back in 2 weeks. Can you just keep checking up on Scar?" Mr.Jones says. "What! I am 18 in 2 months. I don't need anyone to check up on me !" Scar yells at her father. Both Mr. and Mrs Jones chuckles at her. " We aren't asking Ash to babysit you , just check up on you , you clearly know why we are asking him" Cassie says scar with a stern look. Umm what?.

Scar mumbles okay. "Ok we should leave cassie" Mr. Jones announces. Scar quickly gives them a hug goodbye and I wave bye to them.

"So I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the party being held at Noah's house now. I was heading over there and I thought I could ask you," I told her with a hopeful gaze.

"No sorry" she tells me with a blank look.

"Come on! It will be fun, you know! It might be the only fun you have in your life" i tell her with a smirk hoping that would convince her but clearly that has backfired.

"Asher! Get it through your thick skull that I am not going to the party!" she exclaims with an angry look.

"Jesus Christ woman, i was just asking and don't be such an ass , u r going to bore yourself if you're going to stay home on a Friday night" I reply back with the same tone.

"Well I don't go to parties, I would rather sleep!" she tells, annoying me by the second. What the fuck is her problem?! "What's your  problem u came that day with Ryder!" I yelled at her.

"Well that's because Ryder was there!" she says, making me look at her as if she's grown two heads. So what if Ryder isn't there?! I look at her waiting for her to explain why she won't go to parties without Ryder.

"I only go to parties with Ryder!" She exclaims with a huff. "Why is that?!" I ask, wanting nothing more than this conversation to end so I can get to Noah's party on time.

"Because I-"

"Because what?!" I shouted.

"Because I'm scared to go to parties alone! There!" she says, avoiding my eyes and looking anywhere but my face.

"Uh Scarlett- you aren't going to be alone, I'm right here!" I say gesturing to myself with my hands.

''well Asher I don't want to go there with you and u will just leave me alone!'' She argued with me.

"I'm not going to leave you alone! I just want you to come! Is that too much to ask?" At this point we are inches away from each other and I can feel her breath on my neck.

"Asher-"

"Scar, I want you to come!  after I would win we would always celebrate together" I pleaded with her.

"But we aren't the same, not anymore" she says and with the dim light of the moon I can see her eyes getting glossy.

"I know that but only for today" I tell her hoping this would convince her.

"Fine! Wait here I'll get ready and come" she tells with a huff and although I'm not showing it I'm internally cheering.

She opens her front door to reveal herself in a black body con with a full sheer sleeve. Hot damn. I couldn't stop staring at her and I didn't even realize that she was calling my name. (outfit given above)

" Earth to Asher" she says while snapping her hands in front of my face. " You look hot" shit did i just say that out loud?!". I notice her face getting red " Thank you , you look good too" she mumbles under her breath. I give her a smile "let's go" I say to her directing her to my bike.

"We are going that!?" she exclaims.  

AN:

Where are they going 👀

INSTAGRAM: _destinydawn._

- DD