CHAPTER 10

NOAH

It's Sunday and where the hell is Ryder? I haven't seen him in a while. He's probably busy, that's all. Well who knows? He might be ignoring you. SNAP OUT OF IT NOAH. I was thinking about Ryder when a text from him made me drop my phone. LITERALLY, I CRACKED IT TOO. I look again to make sure I'm seeing it right or if it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Holy crap! It is actually from Ryder.

Ryder: Hey, I know this is unexpected but I've gone back to California.

Noah: gone back to California for a few days or?

Ryder: umm Noah, I live there. I attend school there. I just came here to check up on Scarlett.

Noah: oh...

Read 10.18 pm

HOLD UP did he just leave me on read after dropping a huge bombshell?! HOW DARE HE! I feel hurt that Ryder didn't tell me this to me sooner or actually inform me that he is leaving to freaking California! I call the person who knows Ryder better than anyone else. Scarlett. She picks it up after a few minutes.

"WHAT!" she yells as soon as she picks up, making me move the phone away from my ears.

"Woah calm down Scar!" I told her. "You call me at 10 in the fucking night and ask me to calm down?!" she screams at me and I gulp. "I just wanted to ask if you know that Ryder is going back to Cali?". She stays silent for a while which gives me the answer I need to know. "Noah-" she starts but I hang up on her. Why didn't Ryder tell me he was moving? Did I do something wrong?

I am walking towards my locker , suddenly someone grabs my wrist , pulls me inside the janitor's room

I am walking towards my locker , suddenly someone grabs my wrist , pulls me inside the janitor's room. "Noah, why did you hang up on me?!" Scarlet hisses. "Omg scar , why did you pull me here!?" I yelled at her. "Shh don't yell! And don't answer my question with a question" she whispers. "It's about Ryder-" "no shut it Scar I don't wanna hear anything about him" I say already heading to the door wanting nothing to hear about him.

ASHER

"Can we pleaseee invite scarrrr for my birthday? '' Sophia asks me with a cute pout on her face. I sigh contemplating it, well it would be nice for her to come. After all soph really does like Scarlett, i'm sure we can put out hatred for each other to a side and focus on Sophia's birthday. Maybe we could finally be friends again, who knows?

FLASHBACK

11 years ago

"Ouch" I hear someone wince in pain. I turn around to see a girl my age fallen on the ground .

" Are you okay? " I ask, running to her. She looks at me with a confused look and suddenly she gives me a huge grin " Hi! I am Scarlett and who are you?" she asks . umm ok this weird , wasn't she in pain like a minute ago?

"Hi.... I am Asher" i politely introduce myself. "Why are you here?" I am taken aback by her question . I don't know, it just sounds rude. "Uhh i didnt wanna be home so i came here" i say looking down at my feet. " Why dont u wanna be home?" she asks, squinting her eyes. I let out a huge sigh " I had to leave my friends and my dad" I say . "ohhh you are new here?" she asks politely, surprisingly.

" Yep," I say with a sigh. " Are you going to the new prince public school?" she asks with hope . I let out a soft chuckle " yep and i am the new kid" i don't want to be the new kid , they will treat me like an outcast. "Omg!! Yes! We can be best friends!" she exclaims. Bestfriends? Well I guess I have a new best friend now.

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

I enter the building with a nervous sigh. "Hey calm down, you are gonna be fine" Scarlett says from beside me. It's been a week from the playground incident and we have been inseparable ever since. It is nice to have someone who understands you. I turn to my left and give her a small smile.

"Ready bestfriend?" she asks, holding her hand out. "Ready as i'll ever be" i say linking our hands together. Together we walk inside the school ready to face anything and everything as long as we are together.

FLASHBACK OVER

I quickly text Scarlett with hopes that she will agree to come.

Asher: hey! You'll probably be wondering why i am texting you but....as you know soph's birthday is coming up and it would mean a lot if you were there.

I close my phone and lie down on the bed waiting for her reply, after 10 minutes or so i hear a ding.

Scarlett: oh right , her birthday! yes of course i'll be there but ONLY FOR HER. no funny business mister, I MEAN IT.

I chuckle, who does she think i am?! Of course there will be something!

Asher: wouldn't dream of it m'lady ;)

Read 9.21 pm

AN:

What do we think about Noah and Ryder? Thoughts on Olivia?

Love y'all

INSTAGRAM: _destinydawn._

- DD <3