CHAPTER 21

SCARLETT

It's been probably an hour since we arrived. I went and wished Olivia and handed her the gift I got for her and the cake cutting just finished. It was nothing big, so I got her a rose engraved pendant. Currently we are sitting around the bonfire and we are playing a game. "Kiss me, hug me or slap me" Charlotte spins the bottle and it lands on Ryder and Noah. The top part of the bottle points to Ryder therefore indicating him to choose between the three options and it isn't a surprise when he says kiss

. Noah's eyes widen while Ryder is smirking. I hear Noah mumble, let's get this over with and move towards Ryder. They both stare at each other's eyes for god knows how long. Just as the longing becomes unbearable Ryder's lips meet Noah's. They kiss for a while before Ryder's hand drags on his arm and finally settles on the nape of his neck. Before it could be a full make out Charlotte cleared her throat pretty loudly not wanting to see Ryder shove his tongue into Noah's mouth. They both pull away and I can see that Noah is a blushing mess.

"Well , that was definitely something" Ryder whispers into Noah's ear but I hear it. Noah only turned even more redder if that was even possible. Olivia spins the bottle again and this time it points to her and Asher, the top art pointing towards her. Olivia throws a smirk towards me making me glare at her.

"Well, I'm gonna choose to kiss Asher," she says, the smirk everlasting on her face. Asher looks at me for some sign but I just have a blank look on my face but inside I feel the total opposite. She moves towards Asher and puts her hand on his chest in a disgustingly seductive smile. She leans in towards him and he leans a bit back clearly not wanting it. He looks at me and I look away. She leans in and kisses him, soon enough it turns into a makeout and Ryder and the others give me a sympathetic look. Before it could get intense Asher pushes her away and she just looks at me with a smirk. Wasn't she nice to me yesterday, what changed today?

All the guests left except for me Ryder , Noah , Charlotte , Asher and Olivia obviously

All the guests left except for me Ryder , Noah , Charlotte , Asher and Olivia obviously. For some reason I said okay for the sleepover. Ugh I regret it not. We are all inside Olivia's lodge , sitting in the hall ,since it started to get cold. "So guys what should we do?" Olivia asks, flopping herself on the couch. "What does the birthday girl want to do?" Charlotte asks her. " I don't know ? die maybe?" Olivia replies. I did not expect that.

"What happened Olivia?" Charlotte worryingly asks her. Olivia looks at her and leaves out a sigh.

"So there is a guy I like," Olivia says, looking down at her feet. I sat next to her "that's good news right?" I asked her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"No!" she yells and immediately regrets shouting "sorry I don't wanna talk about it" she mumbles. "That's okay! So you wanna do something fun?" charlotte asks making

Olivia look at her "like what?" she asks charlotte.

"Alcohol" Charlotte proudly says. "I am up for it!" Noah yells. "I will bring the cups!" Ryder yells. There is no way I am going to drink and make a fool out of myself AGAIN.

It's been over two hours, THEY drank and we spoke . Ash didn't open his mouth, all he did was drink. He kept staring at me with his dark brown eyes. It was intimidating .

Right now everyone is going to their rooms to sleep. In Olivia's lodge there are 7 rooms. I know, 7 rooms! So each one of us took each room. I go to the room which I was given and change my dress into black shorts and white crop tee. Ahh comfort.

I throw myself on the bed and I take my phone out , I see all the pictures we took today. Looking at it made me smile. My smile immediately gets wiped when I hear thunder sounds. If you didn't know, I am not a huge fan of thunders.

I get up from the bed and close the huge curtains and I hear another thunder. I sigh and I leave the room. It is pitch dark , so I go to the kitchen to drink something. Not alcohol!

I open the fridge to find everything except for juice. Ughh I searched in the bottom drawer of the fridge. Ahh yes I found a coca cola bottle!

Suddenly I feel a pair of hands on my bare waist and I gasp . I turn around to see Asher , his eyes turned into a darker color of brown. I hear another thunder making me flinch , and he holds me tighter. All I did was stare at his eyes.

He closes the fridge behind me and carries me to the kitchen counter and makes me sit on it. His cold hands are on thighs , giving me shivers . he starts drawing circles on my thighs with his thumbs.

He leans closer making our foreheads touch and our noses grazing each other . "Asher," I whisper . "sshh" he shushed me with his index finger on my lips.

He starts to place soft kisses on my neck making my heart flutter. I place my hands on his shoulder. " Asher.... You should stop... you are drunk" I try to say with my heart beating so fast.

He stops kissing and looks at me. " Scarlett jones" he calls my name and leaves out a soft chuckle . " What are you doing to me?" he asks me without breaking eye contact.

I stay silent and suddenly there is a loud thunder making me jump closer to Asher. His hands goes to my waist and pulls me closer and takes my hand and places it on his chest. I can feel his heart beating so fast like mine. "This is what you do to me," he says, making me look at him.

"you do the same to me" I reply in barely a whisper. Our lips are less than inches apart. A harsh wind knocks the window open making me flinch . I avoid his eyes and suddenly I find the spatulas much more interesting to stare at. He glances at me for a while until he lets out a sigh and goes to close the window. I run my hands through my hair, what am I doing? A small voice in my head is telling me that I'm just gonna get hurt by him again.

He comes back to his original place after closing the window and my throat is parched. I see that the coca cola bottle I took out of the fridge a while ago is still there. Avoiding gaze I move around him to take it. He opens his mouth to say something but gets the signal that I do not want to talk about what just happened.

"uh...good night, Scarlett" he says while scratching the back of the neck and walks out the kitchen.

"good night Asher, sleep well" I say in a whisper thinking that he didn't hear me but outside in the corridor Asher stops in his tracks and smiles. I guess this is progress.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Hey guys! we hit 2k views! cant express how happy we are

love you guys! check out the aesthetics!

Happy reading <3

- DD