CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17

RYDER

I almost drop my phone when I see Asher's name in the racers names. What is Asher's name doing here? And I see another name below his making me freeze. Kai Holland. now y'all are probably wondering who he is

He is my ex. We had a messy break up and now he's competing against Asher. This isn't really gonna end well. If Ash is going to race against him , he is going to die. I need to warn him.

After school I find Asher walking towards his bike , I run up towards him "Asher!" I yell. "Yes dude wassup?" he says with his eyebrows raised. "I know that you are a racer," I said to him. His face falls "not here come with me "he says pulling my hand.

"Yes I am ," he asks. "Don't race this weekend" I say to him , more like command him. "Ha! You are talking as if I am gonna listen to you?" he says. "Dude, he is tough," I say. "How do you know?" he asked me. "He is my ex and he almost killed me" I say to him. His mouth forms a o shape. "You race?". "Raced " I corrected him . " dude I am gonna tell Scar that you are a street racer" I announce. She really cares about him , she will go crazy if she hears about this but I have to tell her

SCARLETT

My alarm goes off, making me groan in annoyance. Great school. Again. I get up with a sigh going to my closet picking out an outfit and going to the bathroom to brush and get ready for the day. I go downstairs, my parents still aren't home from their trip. I pour some cereal into my bowl and pour milk, I then text Ryder saying that I'm ready. It takes about 15 minutes from his house to mine so I should be all ready to go by then. Exactly after 17 minutes the doorbell rings, I switch off everything in the house, lock the door and see Ryder in his Porsche waiting for me. Sometimes I forget Ryder is rich, like mad rich. I get into the car and greet him and play some music. We arrive at school, Ryder drops me off and goes to park his car.

I've been waiting for Ryder to come for the past 20 minutes but he hasn't. I wonder if something's wrong so I go up and I hear muffled voices. I see Ryder and Asher arguing so I hide behind the wall wondering why they are arguing.

"She can't know Ryder! She'll get damn pissed at me" I hear Asher yell. Wait, are they talking about me?

"That's true but if we don't tell her and extend it, she will be even more mad at us and probably won't talk to us" I hear Ryder hell back. What are they talking about?

"she can't know I am a fucking street racer Ryder!" Asher bellows. WAIT WHAT?! He is a STREET RACER??! I take this as the time to show myself.

"Is it true? Are you a street racer" I ask them coming out of my hiding place and they look as if they've been caught red handed. Both of them open their mouths to say something but nothing comes out. I scoff and walk away

"Scarlett!"

"Scar, wait!"

I heard both of them run towards me but I couldn't. Why is Ash doing something so dangerous !? How long have they been doing this? I have so many questions that I need answers to.

"I'm going to walk home today" I say to Ryder and walk off before they could do or say anything.

I just got out of the bathroom after a shower , and I suddenly hear the doorbell ring. It's got to be Ryder. I quickly wear my red shorts and my black crop top and I run downstairs to open the door. I am angry with him because he didn't tell me that Ash is a street racer. I open the door , and I see two cups of Boba tea . aww he got Boba to make me happy. I see a huge grin on Ryder's face "hiii" he exclaims. "What do you want?" I say with a stern look. "I know ok , I should have told you but I never got the chance . pls let me explain." he says. I let him , we went to my room , i went and sat in the bed "explain" I told him. "Ok so panther invited me to watch a race ok? I wanted to call you too. When I heard that Asher is going to participate , I went to ask him myself why he races and that is when you came ." he explains. "Ryder u almost died because of that!! And I certainly don't want him to die!" I yelled at his face. "I understand that , but it's his decision" he sighs. "ughhh when is the race?" I asked him . "This weekend" he says. "I am coming" I announce. "Hahahah no way Scar , he will actually kill me" he tells while shaking his head. " die I don't care , I am coming " I say him , throwing the pillow on his face.

AN:

Kai and Ryder huh?

- DD