CHAPTER 31

( 𝐓𝐖: 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞 )

ASHER

The drive home was dead silent , neither of us spoke. I just want to know what happened. Don't I deserve the truth? What happened that she can't tell me?

After a long silent drive we reach her home , I turn my head towards her . She just opens the car door and shuts it close. And just like that she leaves.

All she does is leave. Just like that.

I wanted today to be perfect and it was but we fought again. I run my fingers in my hair in frustration.

After I reach home I take a long shower and change into my shorts and black tee. I go lie on my bed and suddenly someone knocks on my room door.

“Come in” I say, granting whoever knocked my door entry. The door slowly opens and it's Sophia.

“What are you doing here sophie?” I ask her. I glance at my watch, it shows 11:00pm. “Its 11 Sophie, shouldn’t you be sleeping?” I ask her with concern laced in my voice.

She just gets on the bed and sits next to me. “I had a nightmare” she says with a sad pout making me frown. I get up to face her.

“Nightmare?” I ask with my eyebrows raised. She nods her head in response. “Ohh are you scared?” I asked her . Without replying she just hugs me and I hug her back.

“Awww sophie its finee , big bro is here don't worry nobody can touch my little sister right” I say her trying to cheer her up.

And she chuckles. Mission accomplished.

I am getting ready for school and my phone rings PANTHER.
He is gonna ask about the race. Should I go? Will Scarlett get angry?. You know what fuck it , I dont care.

I picked up the phone “hello panther” and greeted him first. “Hello kid , made your decision?” He asks me and without wasting and time I say

“Yes”

SCARLETT

After yesterday I still didn’t speak to Asher. I don't why he is pressuring me to answer his question which I clearly don't wanna. Yesterday was one of my best days but it got ruined .

We had maths and english together and we didn’t even spare a glance to each other. Ryder clearly noticed the energy between us and he pulled me to the janitor's room. “What's with you two?” He asks with his eyebrows raised. “He asked me why I left,” I told him with my eyes on the ground. “Scar I think you need to tell him , he deserves to know” he says, making me feel even more guilty . I just humm in response

It's lunch now and I know for a fact that he will be there. Me and Ryder go to the cafeteria and we walk towards the table our friends are sitting and I see Asher there two. Suddenly he catches my glance and we immediately look away.

I go sit next to Olivia and Ryder sits next to Noah. I silently eat my lunch and so does Asher. Now everyone is noticing  the tension between me and Ash. Charlotte quickly clears her throat.

“So how was the date?” Olivia asks, making me wanna kill her. I just gave her a death stare and she certainly did not notice that.