CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER - 19

FLASHBACK

ASHER

3 YEARS AGO

I entered school with my best friend Scarlett. Today is the day school reopened after the Christmas holidays. I got to my locker and Scarlett went to talk to Charlotte when I overheard something.

"Dude you know that Scarlett chick. I would totally bang her " I hear a voice say and I look at who said that. There he is, Liam Duncan, the school's biggest playboy and he's talking with his gang about Scarlett. My Scarlett. Hearing him say that about Scarlett makes my body overcome with rage and before I knew it I marched over to him and punched his face making him fall down. Everyone gasped at what it did. He just chuckles and gets up.

"Do you really think you can stand against me and besides it's not like what i said was wrong, i would bag her, she is so hot" he says with a smirk, clearly taunting me. I punch him again and this time he punches back. Soon it turned into a fist fight. We only broke up when Scarlett pulled me away from him and a teacher rushed out to see what all this commotion was about.

"Mr.Parker, Mr.Duncan both of you have detention today after class! And the rest of you, this isn't a show to go to your classrooms" he orders and walks away. Scarlett pulls me to the nurse's office.

"Asher! What the heck were you thinking!" I open my mouth to say something but she cuts me off.

"Do not interrupt me while I'm talking" she tells me with a stern look making me shut my mouth.

"Look at you! You're bleeding" she exclaims, holding my face in her hands to examine my wounds. Duncan got me pretty good.

The nurse comes in and I thank the lords that I don't have to listen to Scarlett's scoldings. She cleans up my wounds and tells me not to strain my hands. Scarlett again started scolding me from the nurse's office all the way to the classroom but somehow a smile grazed my face at that.

 Scarlett again started scolding me from the nurse's office all the way to the classroom but somehow a smile grazed my face at that

SCARLETT

Asher just left my room and what the hell just happened? We kissed! I KNOW, KISSED! I don't know what brought it on but soon a romantic moment turned to us yelling at each other. How did that happen? I clearly remember how Ryder almost died because of Kai and I don't want that to happen to Ash as well. I can't live without him again.

He said that he started to race because of me and that breaks me. I know I sounded like a bitch , but the truth is , I know it's because of me and if anything happens to him , I will not forgive myself.

When I moved back to New Jersey , I was angry with him but now? I don't know , I am starting to think it's my fault. What if I would have spoken to him after he kissed char? That day at the party , I was roten because of some fuckers and I wanted ash , I needed him. And he wasn't there.

I didn't even attempt to speak to him after the party incident. I was broken , I felt like killing myself, I isolated myself but what if i spoke to him? We would have been friends. Is it my fault? I need some sleep now.

"Scar scar" I heard someone say , I opened my eyes to see Ryder. I groan "why did you wake me up?" I ask. "It's 10 Scarlett jones, get you lazy ass of the bed now!" he yells , yanking my bedsheet. Ughh " why are you such a mum!?" I say throwing a pillow at him. "Get ready fast , I made pancakes," he says. Pancakes?

I quickly take a shower and wear my denim shorts and a red top. I go downstairs and I see Ryder sitting at the table with pancakes. "You actually made pancakes?" I chuckle. "Anything for you" he says , making me cringe "don't say stuff like that it makes me gag" I say making him chuckle.

"I thought Asher is going to stay over?" he asked me. My mood just falls. " We fought," I mumbled. "About?" he asks " we kissed" I tell him. "What! You guys kissed ! omg that's good news!" he exclaims. "No no then i told him that it never should have happened" I say "no way , why would you say that?" he asked me with a disappointed look. "Look Ryder , we are not gonna be good for each other." I told him.

"Bullshit Scarlett ! you guys are crazy for each other!" he shouts. "Ryder, I am starting to think it's all my fault" I say while fiddling with my fingers. "What do you mean?" he asks. "Asher told me that he started to race because of me.What if I never left? Maybe we would have had a good relationship. I should have talked to him!" I started sobbing.

"Scarlett! It's not your fault that he started to race. You needed to leave! You were in an awful place , you needed a new start and you stopped talking to him for a reason Scarlett!" He argued back but once he saw me crying he rushed over and engulfed me in a hug and whispered soothing words. We stay like that for a while and suddenly he pulls away, making me frown. Before I can ask why he did that he pulls me towards the door.

"Come on! We are going to the mall" he says, making my eyes widen. Ryder absolutely hates shopping yet he's taking me to the mall. He locks the door and pulls me towards his car

"But- you hate the mall" I say while getting into the car and he goes to the drivers side.

"I know but you are sad and I know that shopping makes you instantly happy" he says making me smile. We arrived at the mall 10 minutes later. It's a weekend so the mall is pretty crowded.

"Mhm! This is yum!" I told Ryder, eating my donut from Dunkin' Donuts. We were at the mall for almost 2 hours and we went to a few shops and bought clothes. Surprisingly Ryder didn't complain one bit. I know he would never admit it but it looks like he is enjoying himself. We are currently window shopping when someone taps on my shoulder. I turn around to see Olivia which makes me look at her in shock. Ryder takes a protective step towards me but I grab his hand signaling that it's not needed.

"Uh hi..?" I say to Olivia but it comes out more like a question. By the look on her face it looks like she had expected this kind of response.

"Hi Scarlett" she says with a smile on her face making me look at suspiciously. "What do you want?" Ryder asks in quite a rude tone, making me slap his arm which made him glare at me.

"Um i was doing some birthday shopping and i saw you guys so i wanted to come over and say hi" she tells me gesturing to the bags in her hand. I remember from long ago that her birthday is on December 12th.

"You know what! You both should come" she exclaims.

"Uh-"

"Yeah! It would be totally fun! Its being held at my house at 6pm and i would be really happy if you both came!" she tells me and before i could decline or say something her phone rings and she mouths i have to go to us and walks away.

"What just happened?" Ryder asks, looking lost, making me shrug.

AN:

Thoughts on Olivia??

- DD