CHAPTER 20

SCARLETT

My alarm screeched through my ears , making me groan.

"I am up! I am up!" I yell at my alarm. I yank the bedsheet off of my body and I grab my towel and I walk towards my bathroom for a shower.

When I come out of the shower , I wrap myself in a white towel. I go to my closet and grab a pair of dark blue jeans and a greet half shoulder top.

After getting ready, I go downstairs. I saw my dad was reading the newspaper and my mum was making pancakes . When did they come??

"When did you guys come?" I exclaim in surprise , I run up towards them and give them a hug.

"Last night dear" my mum says, chuckling at me.

I sat at the table and gulped the chocolate milk my mum gave me. She walks up towards the table with a stack of fluffy pancakes with cherry berry syrup. "Omg i missed your pancakes" I say dramatically .

She scoffs at me "you missed my pancakes more than me didn't you?" she asks me making me laugh " DUH" I reply making her roll her eyes.

"alright honey, it's time for school or else you will be late" my dad tells me, making me look at the time. Oh shit! It's 7.45. I shove the pancakes in my mouth and rush to get my bag and run out of the door. As I step out of the house I hear a honk making me look up and see Ryder in his Porsche. I get into the car and wave to Ryder.

"Hey Scar!" Ryder greets me with a smile but I can see that his smile doesn't quite reach his eyes. Ryder told me about his fight with Noah and to be honest Noah does have a point. But this feud is hurting them both so I just hope that they will be over it soon and finally kiss.

We arrive at school soon enough and I get out of the car while Ryder goes and parks it.

The first two periods flew quickly , now I am walking to my history class. Both Ryder and Asher are there in my history class. I wanted to avoid him.

I go and take my seat and I see Ryder entering the class , he takes a place next to me " morning scarlett" he greets me "morning" i greet him back . Mr. Aaron enters the class " Good morning students!" he exclaims. Why is he so excited?

Suddenly the door opens revealing Asher. "Mr. Parker you are late" Mr. Aaron says pointing his finger at the clock. "Sorry," Asher mumbles. He walks up towards his seat which is far away from mine.

"Ok so! Guys, I have good news!" Mr. Aaron announces which made all the students groan. "I said I have good news, not a bad one" he scoffs. "Ok fine whatever we are going on a trip!" He says, making my eyes wide open. I love trips!

All the students gasp " really sir? Where are we going!" a girl from the first bench yells. I think her name is Caroline. " We are going to California and we will be visiting some of the national monuments there!" California!?! Oh my god yes! I can finally go there, maybe visit some of my friends too! " I just came from there!" Ryder yells, making the other students laugh, I roll my eyes at his comment . I turn my head towards Asher who has a neutral expression on his face which is of course expected. I don't know how long I've been looking at him but when he catches me staring at him I quickly turn away.

 I don't know how long I've been looking at him but when he catches me staring at him I quickly turn away

Now I am sitting at the table with Charlotte , Noah , Ryder and Asher. "Guys all of you are coming right?" Olivia asks, glaring at us . "umm DUH!" Charlotte replies. " I am in!" Noah says with his hands in the air. "So am I" Ryder says with a smirk , Noah scowls at him.

" You are coming, right?" Ryder asks me "yeah of course" I say . "We should take them to Rouge" he says with a smirk. "Hahhaha no way" I say, shaking my head no . "Rouge? What's that?" Olivia asks curiously. "It's nothing Olivia" I say before Ryder can say something. I can feel Asher's eyes on me.

"Come on, scar!" Charlotte yells. "I swear it's a boring place!" I told her. "Ouch that hurts scar," Ryder says with his hand on his chest. Why is he like this?

"Don't worry I will take you guys there" Ryder announces. I slap his hand. "Okay now i am excited as fuck!" Olivia yells. Charlotte looks at Asher " Are you coming?" she asks him. My eyes are on him. Please say no please say no. He locks his eyes on me, making my heart drop. "Yes" he replies without taking his eyes off me.

Its going to be a fun trip,

Right now I am getting ready for Olivia's birthday party. She is celebrating it in her family lodge which is near the beach. How are people so rich?

I grab a small back and pack some shorts and tops. She told me that I can sleep over there. Well lucky me. I am still not happy that Asher will be there but I am really happy that I can spend some time with the others.

It's 4:45 pm and Ryder told me that he will pick me up by 5 and I am still not ready. I wear a light floral half shoulder tube top with a matching skirt which has a long slit. I wear a little bit of mascara , blush and some gloss.

I hear Ryder honk his car horn so I quickly grab my phone and my bag , run downstairs. I hugged my parents goodbye "see you Sunday evening!" I yell and run towards Ryder's car and I get into his car to see him with a pair of shades.

"Someone looks pretty," Ryder says with a sheepish smile. I giggle "you look pretty too!" I say making him roll his eyes.

After a long ride we finally reach Olivia's lodge, the party is located on the beach and I look around and see a few people are already there

After a long ride we finally reach Olivia's lodge, the party is located on the beach and I look around and see a few people are already there. The beach is nicely decorated with string lights, a table for the cake, towels so those who want can sit in the sand, drinks and hell there's surfing materials too. Ryder isn't paying attention to any of that, instead he is staring so intently at something, well in this case someone. I follow his gaze to see him staring at Noah. I even tried waving my hand in front of his face but to no avail.

"Ryder. ryder....RYDER" I vigorously shake him making him finally snap out of his trace.

"Yeahh..?" he asks with a sheepish smile on his face and his hand scratching at the base of his neck.

"You gotta stop making it sooo obvious" I tell him with a smirk making him flip me off and walk away probably to get a drink. I walk around the beach looking around when I feel someone staring at me. I look around and finally meet Asher's gaze. His eyes are wide as saucers and his lips are parted. Then I saw Brandon over to me. I've seen him a few times around school but haven't had a proper conversation with him.

"You look- uh you look beautiful" he stutters over his words making me give him an awkward smile.

 "Uh thank you" I say with an awkward chuckle. He just looks at me awkwardly.

"So.." I drag out the "o" shifting my weight from one leg to another.

"Yeah.." he says, just as awkward as I am. Before this conversation could get any more awkward, if that's even a word, Noah calls Brandon over making us both sigh in relief. He just gives me a small smile and walks away.

Now I return my gaze back to Asher , I find him glaring at Brandon intensely. After a few moments I realize that he is jealous and that brings a satisfied smirk onto my face. He looks at me again to see me smirking and he narrows his eyes at me. I just give him an innocent smile and walk away, swaying.

AN:

Dont we just love a jealous guy?

- DD ;)