CHAPTER 27

SCARLETT

I find Asher with raging anger “what the hell Asher!” I yell at him. Then I realize we are in the hallway. He scoffs at me “ what are you doing!” I whisper-yell not wanting to wake the others.

He grabs the room key from my hand and unlocks my room and pulls me into the room and again pins me to the wall.
“What do you want Asher?” I slowly ask because I feel tired. “What were you doing with him?” He asks his voice full of anger and was that a hint of jealousy?

“Who?” I ask still not getting what he was so mad at. “Brandon,” he replies in an obvious tone.

  “We just went to the cafe” I reply even though it's none of his fucking buisness. “Why would you go?” he asks, pinning me harder to the wall if that was even possible without hurting me. “What's wrong with you?!” I exclaim pushing him off me.

“What's wrong with me-?! What's wrong with you! You were the one who went on a date with him, not me!” he replies, throwing his arms up in frustration.

“uh so?! Because last time I checked we weren't dating so it's none of your  fucking buisness!” I yell, pacing around the room.

“It is my business!” he shouts as if it's an obvious thing. “Oh really?! Please explain!” I exclaim sitting down on the bed exhausted from the pacing around.

“because i-” he stammers not really knowing what to say. “because you what Asher?!” I ask well, more like shout at him and he just stares at me and I take a deep breath. “you either can't say it or you won't and I'm honestly done with your bullshit! So for both of our sake, please just get out!” I yell, a few unshed tears in my eyes.

He opens his mouth to say something but looks at my defeated face as he walks  out of my room. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I've loved Asher since we'll ever and somehow just somehow he's always the one to be hurting me.

ASHER

I walk out of the room and lean against the wall with  a sigh. I've loved Scarlett since forever but somehow I am not able to tell that to her. I guess I'm afraid that she's gonna leave me and I'm gonna get hurt all over again.

I go back to my room and sit on the bed and take my phone out of my pocket. I turn it on to distract me but my lockscreen is a selfie of me and Scar back when we were best friends.

I laugh at that thought BEST FRIENDS huh? Look at us now. We barely can have a conversation without yelling at each other. We used to tell each other everything.

We finally are returning back. This trip was weird. My flight seat number is A31 , I wanted a window seat but unluckily I didn't get it. The seat towards my left is still empty. I put on my earphones and tune out everything else. About 5 mins into that, someone sits next to me startling me. I look to my left to see Scarlett sitting down next to me and I scoff. Of course. She stares at me and I stare back at her. The space between us is very less and her pouty lips make me stare at her lips. What's wrong with me? I literally cant stop staring , I wanted to fuck her in the damn flight seat.

The pilot’s announcement made me come back to reality and Scarlett clears her throat and snaps her head towards the window. We both stared  at each other for a good minute, and were leaning into each other unintentionally. Once I realized what I was doing, I cleared my throat and stared at the seat in front of me. I hear her let out a sigh and I mentally smack myself.

It's been a while , I just realized that I have been sleeping. I feel a little weight on my shoulder so I turn my head to see Scarlett’s  head lying on my shoulder. I start staring at her peaceful face. I notice all the little details on her face including the beauty mark next to her lips. A small smile came on my lips, but suddenly her eyes shot open. She still hasn’t realised that she is lying on me , she slowly looks around and finally catches me staring at me. I really need to quit the staring.

She squints her eyes at me with a pout. I guess she still isn't fully awake. “I am sorry” she mumbles and she lays her head on the window and goes back to sleep. Sorry for what?

“1hour till destination” the pilot announces making Scarlett rully awake. She yawns and covers her mouth with her hand. She takes her phone out from her bag and opens it and the flight slightly jerks and her phone falls down. I didn't wait for a sec. I bent down to take her phone. My eyes widen at her phone and she snatches it from my hand.

Her homescreen wallpaper is a picture of us. The same photo in my lockscreen.

“Scarr…” I say in barely a whisper. “It's nothing Asher , I forgot to remove it” she says without looking at my eyes. “You and I both know that's not true , You still believe in us” I say looking ather. She ignores my words and puts her earphones in her ears and closes her eyes. I sigh and close my eyes too. Today has been one heck of a day.

The pilot's announcement makes me jerk awake and I look to my left to see Scarlett looking at me but when she meets my gaze she snaps her head to the other side. “We have successfully landed” the pilot's voice rings through the speaker. Everyone starts getting up and getting their things. I wait for a while and get my bags, Scarlett asks me to get her bags too but I ignore her and get mine only. She looks at me with disbelief and gets her bags. I got out of the plane as soon as possible not wanting to be next to her.

AN:

hey guys! hope you liked this chapter?

so what do you think will happen between scarlett and asher? let us know in the comments! stay safe <3

-DD