CHAPTER 5

ASHER

"ASH! Wake up!" my mom yells , I groan and I yell back " MOM! It's saturday!". I didn't hear a reply so I went back to sleep. Then the doorbell rings ruining my perfect sleep and suddenly I hear Sophie shout so , I run downstairs to see Scar hugging Sophie with a huge grin on her face.

"Scarrrr i missed you so much!" Sophie tells Scar. Scar gave an apologetic look " I missed you too Sophie , I thought about you everyday" that made me smile . That's the scar I know.

My mom comes out of the kitchen with her eyes wide open "Omg! Scar is that you? U look beautiful dear!" she told and Scarlett blushed. Aww she is so cute.

When Scarlett looked at me , her face hardened and her eyes became cold. "Hey scar, u wanna come up so we can finish the project?" I asked her with a smile. She just nodded her head and waved bye to sophie.

We head upstairs to my room. She looks around with a curious gaze, maybe that's because she hasn't been to my room in years. We sit on the floor and take our books so we can start reading.

Phew! It has been 2 hours and we finally finished the project! It is around 4 in the evening and both of us are exhausted. She gets up to leave, that's when I ask the question that's been lingering at the back of my mind since yesterday.

"How do you know Jake?" I ask straightforwardly. She looks taken aback by my question but then her expression hardens, but I can see the hint of pain behind her eyes. What did Jake do?

"It's none of your business" she tells me with no emotion on her face whatsoever. I open my mouth to say something but she cuts me off.

"Don't act like you care Asher, you are not my best friend. You don't need to show fake interest. I'm only talking to you because we have to do the project" she says coldly. My jaw clenches and I just want to comfort her but I know I can't and that feels like one of the worst pain I've endured.

My expression turns to one of anger. "Fine! Since you assume that I don't care for you, please get out of my house!" I yell at her.

"Fine!" she yells back and shuts the door with a slam. I rub my face with my hands and sigh. What have I done?

 What have I done?

"Impressed Ms.jones and Mr.Parker" Mrs.Cecily announces. A small smile formed on scar's face which made me smile "Thank you Mrs.Cecily" Scar replied. Ever since she left my house , she didn't even spare me a glance which I totally understand. I shouldn't have snapped at her like that but her words were like daggers to my heart. I head over to the cafeteria with a heavy heart as it is lunch time.

"Char, did she talk to you?" I asked Charlotte, her face fell "no" she muttered. "GUYS!" Noah yelled while running up towards our lunch table. "I am hosting a party this weekend, don't forget to show up!" he said. Charlotte chuckled " yeah okay Noah. Who are you inviting?" she asked. Noah looked around the cafeteria and he looked at scar " I am thinking of inviting the new girl." I am gonna lie if I said I am not excited. I would love to see scar in a dress! Noah ran towards Scar. I couldn't hear what they were talking but I could see Noah's face turn into disappointment. "She isn't coming guys" he told me and Charlotte. I am a little disappointed but not surprised because Scar isn't the type of girl who would go to parties.

Ring ring my phone rings, i take it out to see panther calling me. "Hello," Panther says.

"Hey Panther, what's up?" I asked " A guy from California is coming to race. U wanna race him? He is pretty good" panther asks " of course. How much is the amount?" "400k" my eyes widen. " Can't wait".

School just got over and I along with many other students walked out. I can see a group of girls gawking at a clean black Porsche. I look to see a guy get out of it, he looks around our age. Suddenly I hear a loud squeal. I turn to my right to find Scarlett with a massive grin on her face. I stop in my tracks.

"Ryder!!!" she yells running over to him. The so-called guy who's name is Ryder lifts her with a chuckle and spins her around. He puts her down and pecks her cheek. A surge of possessiveness goes through my body. How dare he be this close to Scarlett?! MY Scarlett?!

"What are you doing here?" she asks, the grin just getting bigger on her face while I deal with the green-eyed monster.

"Well I didn't want to wait a year to see my favourite girl" he responds with a cheeky grin not giving a damn about the people surrounding them. My girl? Who the fuck is he?

I am so pissed right now so I quickly get home and call her.

"Of course, I will be there in 10 minutes" she replied, I could practically see the smirk on her face. I know this is a bad idea but seeing Scarlett with that Ryder guy made me so angry, I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now.

AN:

this is a short chapter, vote and comment!

-DD <3