Chapter 59

Chapter 59

I don't know if the fact that I was on the back of a car with a bag over my head made the ride seem longer or if the place we were going to was actually far away from my house.

My wrists, laced together with some sort of scratchy rope, were pounding for the countless attempts to set free. I was pretty sure there would be red marks, and probably blood coming from them once I took them off.

I felt the car stop abruptly and I crashed to the seats in front of me. The door beside me opened and someone took my arm brusquely. I saw no difference outside from the inside. I wasn't able to see a single light coming through the bag in my head. It was pitch dark.

"Where are you taking me?" I spitted while being dragged somewhere.

I got a sudden smell; it was the smell of trees and cut grass. It was also very windy. We were absolutely someplace into the woods.

I heard a door being opened, but it wasn't just any door, it made a lot of noise so it was probably huge, made with materials other than just wood. I could even swear I heard chains moving.

I was dragged inside a big place. I could tell it was big because there was echo in everything you did and every word pronounced. This time I could see the change of lighting. The place definitely had lights of its own.

Someone took my hands and cut the rope holding them together. I took off the bag that was over my head. The light blinded me for a second, then it settled and I saw Brad standing in front of me.

"You're a smart girl" He said "keep your cool and behave, otherwise this things" he showed me the ropes he just took off my arms "go back on"

I couldn't stand the smug look on his face, so I turned away, stared at the place we were instead. It was indeed huge, it was full of rows and rows of shelves and boxes, old paper spread on the floor. It was definitely a warehouse.

"What am I doing here?" I decided I would act calm, since it was the only weapon I could use against him.

"Good question" He raised a finger and nodded, approaching to me. "Sorry for the violent way we took you by the way. Not very gentlemen of me"

"What am I doing here, Brad?" I pushed.

"I am not kidnapping you again if that's what you're thinking" His green eyes stared at mine "I came here to show you something. Maybe that way you'll change your mind about running off to Austin's side"

"Show me something?" I repeated.

"Or may I say someone?" He arched his eyebrows mischievously "I thought you needed a little more motivation, you know? To get your head in the game"

He stepped in front of me and started walking without saying anything else. I stared around; the redhead wasn't anywhere to be seen, where was he? I was losing sight of Brad so I followed him.

I rushed to keep on with his peace, the place was really big. We went down to what looked like a set of stairs that led to some kind of basement. I followed him down, and when I turned around a corner of a pile of boxes I found him standing in front of a very creepy door.

"I hope this clears your head" He said with his hand over the handle. He opened the door and revealed a dark room with a tiny light hanging from the ceiling. Jake was sitting on the floor with a hand chained to the wall.

I gasped and covered my mouth, then without thinking it twice I rushed inside and embraced him with a hug.

"Leelee" He murmured over my ear "You're here" The grip of his arms around me was incredibly strong. I don't think I had ever been hugged this way. I got a sense of need in it.