Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"Ashley!" 

The memories of Austin calling my name replayed in my memory. Is it possible that I just heard him?

"Ashley, wait up!" 

I turned around being entirely sure I heard it again, it wasn't me. I found someone running, coming my way, but it wasn't Austin. 

I whipped off the tears of my cheek. 

"Go away Alex!" I yelled walking faster towards the end of the cemetery. 

I don't want to see anyone right now. Especially not Austin's friends, and that being Alex, who just break the news about Austin leaving town and breaking up with me for no reason. 

"No Ashley, wait!" I heard Alex's footsteps coming closer. I would've ran further by I'm in no mood to do any effort right now. He reached me in no second and took me by a shoulder to prevent me from walking any longer. "Did you not hear me calling your name like a billion times?" 

"What are you doing here Alex? Leave me alone" I said ignoring his question. 

"That's exactly what I was about to ask you" He evaded my question too "What are you doing at the cemetery? Were you visiting Tyler?”

“That’s none of your business Alex” I moved my arm, making his hand fall from my shoulder and kept walking. I thought he would leave me alone by now, but he kept walking next to me.

“Ashley” He said in a low voice “You need to stop coming here”

I stopped and turned to see him furrowing my brow.

“Who are you to say that? I want to see him, talk to him”

“You can’t talk to him Ashley. He’s dead. You need to let him go” He said coldly.

“My God, you’re unbelievable”

I started walking again, but this time faster. As soon as I get home it’s as soon as I’ll be alone.

“I didn’t mean that” He said running after me. “I’m sorry. Just let me talk to you”

“Why? Does Austin have any other messages he would like you to pass to me?”

“No” He answered awkwardly “I just want to make sure you’re okay”

“I’m not okay. What kind of question is that? I just want to be alone” I could see my house from where we were. I’m almost there.

“That cut on your neck” He said moving my hair to the side making it visible again. “How did that happen?”

“How did you even see that? It’s the size of a peanut; you can’t even call it a cut. It’s nothing” I blurted out.

“Sure” He said sarcastically “A ´nothing’ made just by the press of the tip of a blade, let’s remark it couldn’t have been a knife because it would’ve left a much bigger mark, and by the way the cut ends I would say it was a personalized blade, which means someone’s after you” He finished smugly “So yeah it’s nothing”

I rolled my eyes.  How does he know all of that just by the sight of a cut?

“So?” He asked once I didn’t say anything, knowing that the reason to my silence was that everything he said was right. “Who did that to you Ashley? Is someone after you?”

I sighed covering my face with my hands. I can’t talk about this right now.

I called Austin to talk to him about it. I even went to his house, but everything turned upside down…