Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"You know that you could have called us and just tell us about it right?"

"Well yeah but the problem is that..." Jake got nervous and started stammering "I-I lost my phone..."

Chloe and I were talking to Jake sitting on a bench at the front doors of school.

"But did you just fall?" Chloe asked about how Jake got his wound for the millionth time "Cause you said the wound was pretty deep"

"Yes Chloe..." Jake was getting annoyed. He took a deep breath before repeating his story "I was running because a wild, stupid, big dog was after me... I didn't notice the big branch on the floor when I was running, so I tripped on it and a big part of it got inside my thigh"

"Well that sounds pretty painfull" I said. I knew he was lying, but I had to lie to make Chloe believe it.

"Yeah, trust me it was.. the worst part was getting that huge thing out" He made a painfull face remembering how bad it was "That hurt like hell!"

We all laughed.

After a while Chloe bought it but said she was still mad at him for not calling her and telling her he was in the hospital for 2 days.

We kept talking for a while and said goodbye. Chloe and I needed to go to the alley. The sooner the better.

Before leaving I glared at Jake, letting him know that he was going to tell me the truth later... he nodded and smiled saying goodbye.

***

"We've been walking for ages Ashleeeey" Chloe complained "I can't move"

"Oh C'mon! Don't be silly, we're almost there"

"Where are we going anyways? I've been asking you all day long and you know what amazing answer you said to me? " She moved her arms like crazy and faked a smile pretending she was excited "Nothing! You said nothing!"

I just laughed at her and said nothing. We walked for nothing more than a minute when we arrived.

"You want to know where are we going so bad? See for yourself" I said pointing to a huge store with a big sign on top saying "Sophie's bakery"

"OMG Ashley! Are you kidding me? I LOVE this place!" You want to know Chloe's weakness? desserts "This bakery is the best one in the whole city! It's really expensive you know... And I have no money with me! If you had told me where we were going...-"

"Chloe" I interrupted her "Get in and get whatever you want.. this one is on me" I said smiling

"Really?" I nodded "Wohoooo!" She ran and got in, not even waiting for me.

Perfect. She will be distracted at least 10 minutes and then she'll realize I'm gone... The alley is just around the block...

I walked and got there in less than 3 minutes.

Aggghhh This creppy alley. I thought

"You ruined my life you know?" I said to the alley.. I know I'm talking to myself..

I got in and made my way to the dumpster... Everything it's still the way it was, I doubt someone came and took the trash out of here... the paper bag -or may I say the papar ball- that Austin made was still in the floor. I moved some black garbage bags out of my way and I saw it.

My beautiful purse.

I ran towards it and took it. I opened it and saw my phone and the flashdrive inside.