Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Who are you?"

They've been asking the same question for about five minutes now. After Alex stepped inside the dark room I was in, he took me away to another much more brighter room, leaving Jake completely alone.

"I told you" I answered calmly "My name is Ashley Ridgell"

"We already know that" Alex was the one making the questions. The rest of them were just listening. "Why were you in the alley tonight? Are you with the 'Reds'?"

"The Reds?" I narrowed my eyes. I have no idea what that means "Is that supposed to be a gang or something?"

"Stop playing with me. I know you're lying about something! Are you with them?" He repeated.

"NO, I'm not with them" I firmly remarked.

"Then with who?" Alex was loosing his patience and I knew that was no good.

"I'm with no one" I crossed my arms "Just me"

Alex took a deep breath, rubbed his face and then stood in front of me resting his hands on a desk.

"Okay, let's start again, and this time say something usefull" He sat in a chair in front of me "What were you doing there?"

I can't tell the truth. They'll cut my throat. Like literally, they will.

"What do you mean?" I wasn't ready to answer that.

"Are you kidding me?" He answered annoyed "You need me to spell that for you?"

"I-I am just nervous, I'm sorry" I falsely apologized "I was just passing by" I was trying to stall this question all along, trying to come up with a better answer than this but I had nothing better in mind.

"Sure, you were just passing by and you thought it would be real cosy to go lay behind a dumpster... makes total sense"

This time it wasn't Alex talking, it was a blond haired boy that was a little bit taller than Austin. The one that covered my eyes a while ago.

"Shut up Zach, I'm the one doing the talking"

"You know.. he has a point" A guy I never saw before talked for the first time. I think he is the younger one, or at least he looks like it. He has blonde hair too and he wears glasses.

"Yeah Tyler and Zach are right" Austin spoke for the first time since they brought me here. He had been sitting in the back, leaning against the wall, not looking at me once.

Honestly, I shouldn't be paying attention to that, but I couldn't help it. It's like he knew I was staring at him and he kept looking away only to have me stare longer. I should look away though. I should hate him. He kidnapped me. He shot my best friend.

"Okay, okay. Everyone shut up now so we can continue.." They all listened to Alex. He turned to me "You heard them. Now, tell us why you were there and no more stupid answers. If you don't want to end up like your friend back there, you better start talking"

"There's no need for threats, Alex" I looked straight up, Austin was looking straight at me "She'll tell the truth" He looked at everyone and the at me "Right?"

That made me nervous. Being treated nicely made me nervous. I had to focus. What am I going to say?

I just nodded.

"I wouldn't lie. There's no point" That was ironic, but sounded pretty credible. "What I said was the truth, I was just passing by when my mom called me..."