Chapter 32

Chapter 32

A kiss. 

That was all that was left to say and it happened. It just happened. 

I splashed my face with water and then dried it with a towel. 

I had to come to the bathroom to prevent an awkward moment. I was feeling it coming. I just can't believe what happened. And I don't mean the kiss... He said he loved me. 

Was it real or did I dreamt it?

"Ashley?" I heard Austin call from my bedroom. 

"Coming" I yelled watching myself on the mirror for the last time. I walked out of my bathroom to find Austin next to my window seat staring at the flash-drive. I walked towards him and sat next to him.

He remained silent. I was starting to feel nervous.

"I want to ask you a question" He said still looking at the flash-drive "Would you answer me with the truth?" That's when he looked up to find my eyes staring at his.

"Yeah" I responded quickly "Why wouldn't I?"

"You trust me right?" He asked.

"More than anyone"

He nodded and stared back at the flash-drive. Then he suddenly asked. "Did you ever opened this?" He said showing it to me.  "Saw what was in it?"

I frowned and shook my head. 

"You promise me?" He asked unsure. 

"Yes Austin" Why doesn't he trust me? "I promise I never opened it" 

He locked his eyes with mine and suddenly took my hand, opened my palm and placed the flash-drive in it. 

"What are you-?" 

"Now you have it" He interrupted me "Would you open it now?" 

"Austin what is this all about?" 

"Just answer me Ashley. Lets say the flash-drive is yours now. Would you open it?" 

I was beyond confused. I tried to answer but I didn't know what. 

"I-uhmm" He raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer "I don't know" 

"Just tell me. Would you open it or not!?" He was desperate. 

"YES!" I yelled not even processing it. Making me answer something under pressure its the worst thing someone could ever do to me. 

Austin opened my palm again and took the flash-drive from me. 

"Why would you do that?" He asked pursing 

"I don't know Austin" I answered honestly "You asked for an answer I gave you one. I guess that keeping that thing for so long, and seeing how much value it has, I'm just curious to know what it has inside" 

"Don't" He said as soon as I finished talking "You have to understand how dangerous this is. You can never, and I mean never open this. You understand?" 

"What?" I asked confused "Why? Why don't we open this right now? Get it out of the way"

"No!" He yelled "Don't you understand!? This could not only ruin your life, it can get you killed" He took both of my hands in his "We can never open this. I'll take this with me and I don't want you to ask for it ever again" 

I wanted to end this argument and just nod, but I also wanted to know more. 

"Do you know whats in it?" I asked raising my brow.