Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Bang bang bang

I don't want to wake up. I really don't, but that sound has been going on for a hours.

Bang bang bang

There it goes again. Austin must be playing with a basketball ball or something just to get on my nerves. But he won't. I can ignore that sound... I will.

Without thinking about it twice I fell back to sleep.

***

I don't know how much time has been since the sounds last night, but I feel like I've been sleeping for ages.

I slowly opened my eyes.

Yesterday after the 'game' and the awkward last moment of it I remember ignoring Austin and going to sleep. It wasn't really hard to ignore him because he was kind of avoiding me too.

I rubbed my eyes and sit down on the bench I was sleeping.

Austin must be in the bathroom because he's not making any sound.

I really don't want to see him. After what I told him last night, I just- I know he sees me different. I think he doesn't like me. I don't know... he is so complicated. A second he is happy and the other he is mad at me... But it doesn't bother me anyways. I already hated him first. I can't believe I actually talked to him. He kidnapped me for crying out loud!

He still hasn't came out and I want to pee.

"Austin!" I yelled "Hurry up! I need to go to the bathroom"

I wasn't supposed to be talking to him since we are 'mad' at each other, but really need to go.

He didn't answer.

How mean... I know he is mad at me, but would he at least hum a 'yes' or something?

Since he apparently wasn't in a mood of answering back I took the liberty to go and check the bathroom. I really hated my own idea, I don't know why I am even walking there... I turned right after the long row of showers making my way to the toilets.

"Austin, geez you must be like stomach sick or something because yo-"

When I got there it was empty. There was no one in there...

"Austin?" I asked more to myself. It was almost a thought. I turned back to the showers and then to the lockers, but he wasn't there.

I stopped dead, right in the middle of the lockers room. This can't be happening.

How did I missed this?

The door to the boys locker room, the one that trapped me in here, the one that was supposed to be locked, was wide open.

What. The. Hell.

Next to the door, on the floor, was a fire extinguisher and a broken knob.

OMG. OMG. OMG.

"AUSTIN!" This time I didn't just talked, I yelled at the top of my lungs.

I went back to see that Austin's bag was gone too.

No, This cant be happening. No. No.

Austin-... Austin left without me. He is gone and he left me here.

He didn't even bother to wake me up. Didn't even think about telling me about this. About getting out with him too.

He just left me here.

Is this really happening?

Was he that mad, that left without saying a word? I can't believe him. I seriously don't.

I knew he wasn't trustful. He tried to deny it so many times... and I was right after all. He is bad and he will never change. No matter what.

I took my bag with me and walked out of there. Walked the long hall to find the front door opened.

I thought that when I got out of here I would have been so thrilled. But insted I have this knot inside me. I am so angry, scratch that, furious, I could explode. Seriously. I can't believe he did that to me.

But you know what? What ever game he is playing with me, he won't get to see me like this. He wanted to go? GREAT. I'm glad he did. I don't need him. I never did.

I will stop thinking about this, about him. I was just wasting my time. He wants to go his own way?

Perfect. I'll go my own way too.

***

I walked to my house all the way from the school. And with my daily-basis of non-luck, it started raining.

After a long 15 minute walk I finally got home. The rain got worse by the second. It started raining and ended on a hurricane, literally.

I had to knock on the door at least five times until Carmen finally opened.

"For God's sake, who is it that will-" Carmen covered his mouth and stopped talking when she saw it was me. "Ashley! My God! What are you doing here? Wait, no. What am I thinking? Come in sweet heart" She fully opened the door to let me in. "You must be freezing!"

I got in and left my bag on the floor next to the door. Indeed I was shaking. Carmen ran to get me a towel and in less than a second she was back.

"What were you doing outside! There is a huge storm coming!" She covered me with the towel and started rubbing my face and arms. "Your mom said you would be in Chloe's house until tomorrow!"

I. Was. Freezing.

I don't even know how I got here without dying on the process. I could barely talk. "No, I wasn't..." As soon as I said that I wanted to take it back. I'm not telling Carmen I spent more than 2 days trapped inside a school. She looked at me confused "No I me-mean, I w-was, I did, b-but then I-I"

"God Ashley! You can barely talk!" She hugged me with the intention of making me feel warmer "Let's get you in the bathtub so you can have a long hot shower, then you put your pajamas on and I'll make you a hot chocolate, how does that sounds?" She said smiling.

"G-Great" Carmen is literaly the best 'second-mom' ever. She's been with me since I was like 2 or 3 years old. She means the world to me. "Thanks C-Carmen" I tried to make the best smile I could before going upstairs.

Just as Carmen said, I had a loooooong hot shower and I enjoyed every second of it. Then I got in my pajamas and I felt a lot more comfortable. I hadn't take a shower in two days! I really needed it, and actually it made me feel a little better.

When I was ready to go downstairs to get my hot chocolate the power went out. Everything suddenly was dark.

I got out of my room, and went to the study hall to get a lantern. When I did, I went downstairs to find Martha and Carmen ignating candles all over the place.

Carmen was able to finish my hot chocolate before the lights went off and it was delicious, when I finished I said goodbye and went to my room to take a good night sleep. Something I really needed.

***

Saturday and Sunday were the same. The storm continued the whole weekend. The power came back on Saturday afternoon, but sometimes it went off and on.

Today is Sunday and tomorrow I'll have to go back to school.

And I've been sick as hell.

I have horrible headache -that rarely stop-, my voice is hoarse, and I have a bad case of flu. Adding more to that, I have huge bags under my eyes, even tho I am sleeping well. My hair is a mess, and I have a box of kleenex next to me at all times cause I need to blow my nose like 10 times in a minute. I seriously look like a shit.

When the power came back on Saturday I got time to charge my stupid 'not-working-when-I-need-you-the-most' phone. When I turned it on I saw I had 12 missed calls, 3 from my mom, 6 from Chloe, 2 from Jake and 1 from Erik.

Awwww. This is like the first time in ages that Erik calls me. How sweet, I promise I'll call him back later.

I checked my text and they were from the same 4 people.

I texted my mom back first. I asked her how the flight was and how was everyone.

Then I texted Chloe. She sent me a hundred text asking if I was going to her house, then wondering where I was, and why I wasn't answering my phone. I texted her I was in my house sick, about to die. Jake was wondering the same things so I replied the same.

The interesting part was when I came to see Erik's text. It said:

"From: Erik :)

Hey lil sis, you haven't texted me in a while! How is everything doing?"

ASDFGHJKL I seriously love him. He is the best brother in the entire world. I texted him back and in moments he replied. We chatted for over an hour talking about his place and my place. He said he needed to go, but that he was going to talk to me later another day. I hope he keep his promise.

I left my phone on my bed and turned to the window next to me. The rain had finally stopped. Not completly but now it was normal raining, and I'm sure it will end soon. I got up and went to the rocking chair next to my window. I actually love this weather. I love the rain.

I grabbed the book I was reading -that btw its 'The fault in our stars'- and started reading. I am in love with this book so far. It is in my Top 10 list. And trust me, I read a lot.

Augustus is so perfect! I think I am obsessed and have a huge problem: I am in love with a fictional character...

I heard Martha calling for me from downstairs for dinner so I stopped reading and got up. I walked next the window to the door.

Wait..

I walked backwards to the window again.

I swear I saw something in the yard... I would have sworn it was a shadow.

I stared for a minute, not even blinking. But there was nothing... I guess this sickness it's getting to my brain and it's making me see things.

I shrugged and walked downstairs to get dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Just a little note:

Now that I am back to school I won't have much time to update constantly, but I promise I'll try. And I know the chapters are really short, I'll try to make them last longer too.

Love you all! Xx.. -katie

P.S. The guy in the pic to the right it's Jake ;)