Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Its been a week. A long, sad, depressing week.

After talking to Austin a week ago, I never saw him again. I guess thats because he is keeping his promise. He is doing what I asked him to do: Stay away from me.

Am I okay? Did Austin being away from me made everything better? No. But can I do something about it? Can I take back time? The answer again is no.

I've been feeling empty this past few days, and I quite can't figure out why. I refuse to accept it is because of Austin. I am trying to get pass that feeling and keep on going with my normal life. But the sad thing is, I can't.

I haven't slept in what feels like ages. Everyday before I go to bed I check the window to see if Austin's car is parked outside, but not anymore. I try to hide the fact that I actually wanted him to be there. It happened so often before, that I got used to it unconsciously, and now I want him back.

He hasn't called or texted me... not that he used to, but still, I always knew he was checking up on me without me even noticing, I always knew he was there.

I haven't seen him at school. Not a single day.
I don't know if he is skipping classes, or if he is in there but avoiding me, or maybe he doesn't go to school at all. Alex,

Robert and Zach are avoiding me, even Tyler. I don't know what Austin told them, but they don't seem so friendly anymore. They don't even say hi... Well, besides from Alex. He does talk to me, not much, but when he does it looks like his is keeping it as a secret. He even tried to ask me out once... well not like that...

"Come on, I'll buy you an ice-cream" I shook my head "Jesus, Its just ice-cream Ashley!" He said for the third time.

"No Alex. I can't go for an icre-cream right now"

"And why not?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Because.. I don't feel well" I lied.

He smirked in a not so nice way.

"Not feeling well?" He shook his head "I don't think so. Now try with the truth. Something's wrong with you"

"Yes" As soon as that word left my mouth I regretted it "I mean no. Nothing is wrong with me. I am perfectly fine" I lied agian.

"Sure. And nothing is wrong with Austin either right?" He asked that already knowing the answer "You guys are doing bad at the same time, something happened between you two, I know it, and I just want to cheer you up a little Ashley"

Austin's doing bad too? Oh God. I am not the only one...

"Why me?" I asked pursing my lips "Why don't you cheer Austin up?"

"What do you think I've been trying to do this past three days? And he missed school two days of those three, which is not good... which also leads to a 'something's wrong' warning sign"

So Austin wasn't avoiding me at school... he just didn't showed up. And I am sounding so dumb because that its probably worse...

"Do you know what's wrong with him?" I needed to ask that.

"No" He answered shrugging "He refuses to talk to anyone. I've asked him like a dozen times but I still have no answer. All he have spoken on the past three days is 'I don't want to talk about it' 'I am hungry' and 'Just don't get near her'"

"Near who?" I asked.

"Our best guess?" He asked to himself "You" There was a silence "That's why we've been keeping our distance... But well, enough of this. Are you in for the ice-cream or not?"