Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"So, tell me, how did your date go?" 

"It wasn't a date" Chloe said groaning "I've told you like a dozen times, it was just a movie" 

I laughed "You know... you two are more alike than you think" Her response was exactly the one Alex told me yesterday before leaving to his date. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asked crossing her arms. 

"Nothing" I smirked and sat next to her "Tell me how it was" 

"It was good" She said shrugging, she doesn't want to accept the fact that she likes Alex. 

"Oh come on" I said smacking her shoulder "Just good?" I teased. 

"Okay fine!" She yelled throwing her hands in the air "It was really good" 

"There you go!" I said clapping my hands. "You like him don't you?" 

"Oh my God! Ashley stop!" She really doesn't like talking about her feelings. The sad part is that she wasn't like that before. She changed once Finn died. It broke her and I think she's afraid of opening her heart to someone again.

"Okay fine" I said giving in, when she's ready to talk she will. "You know you can tell me anything right?"

That sounded pretty much out of place, but I feel like I haven't been there for her lately and I want her to know I am here if she needs me.

 "Actually" She said sitting closer to me "I was about to say the same thing" She saw my 'what do you mean' look "You haven't say a word about Austin since he left and I just want to make sure you're okay. I know how much he meant to you"

I gulped. I wasn't expecting that at all. 

"I am oka-"

"Don't say you're okay" She interrupted me "Because I know you're not. Just talk to me" 

"I-I..." I covered my face with both of my hands. I couldn't do this. I was doing fine not talking about it, why did she have to bring it up? It makes everything a hundred times more real. I felt how my mood changed completely, I felt the tears coming. I couldn't cry. Not again. "I-I don't know" I said in a sob. 

She hurried and rapped her arms around me; enough to make me start fully crying. 

All this time I had been keeping everything to myself, denying the fact that it hurt, it hurt so much. I needed someone, but I had no one at the moment. It felt good to finally cry and take everything out. 

I don't know how many things I said to her after that, words just kept coming out. She just comforted me throughout the way. 

I have no idea how much time we talked about it. I told her everything, and I mean everything. Since the day at the alley to the day Austin left... It probably wasn't a good idea, but I couldn't stop myself. 

"Wow" She was unbelievably calm, it was starting to get scary. "Just-... I don't even know what to say. This is impossible. I have to be dreaming" 

"I meant to tell you about it earlier but everything got so complicated..." I apologized 

"The massacre at the cabin..." She stated, lost in her thoughts "You were there, Tyler, Finn... everyone..." She wasn't even able to complete her sentences. 

I really hope I didn't screw up by telling her about it, it just seemed as the perfect time to let the truth come out. 

"Oh my god Ashley" She said finally looking at me "They're all monsters. Alex..." She covered her mouth, her eyes got teary.