Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"Oh my God" I breathed out.

This can't be happening, not now, not to me, not after everything that has happened.

"Shit" I heard Alex whisper "He saw us kissing. Fuck he's going to kill me" I had never heard Alex swear before, believe it or not, this was the first time I heard that word come out of him. "What was I thinking!?" He asked to himself.

"Yes!" I jumped in his self conversation turning him around so he would face me "What the hell were you thinking when you kissed me?"

"I didn't just kiss you!" He defended himself "You kissed me back"

"No I didn't!" I wasn't even sure that was true, I can't even remember what I did or didn't do "Alex I told you a second before that happened that you were my best friend! What is wrong with you?"

"And after that you said you've been meaning to tell me something! I thought we were thinking about saying the same thing!" He yelled raising his hands.

"Wait a second..." I said processing what he said. "What you wanted to tell me back at the party... Was it that you liked me?" I stated in shock.

"No! God dammit!" He yelled "I wanted to tell you that Austin was coming back tonight and he was coming to this very party! That's why I didn't invite you"

"And then why the hell did you kiss me Alex!?"

"I don't know!" He yelled frustrated "I like Chloe, I really do, I just, she was mad at me, and I liked you before and you were right there, and I-..." He rubbed his face groaning and took his beanie off in the process. "I fucked up"

I was so angry I couldn't even ask him about him liking me before. Austin just came back, after all this time and he came back to see us kissing. He could've thought a million things. God no.

"What were you going to tell me anyways?" He asked still mad "Cause it looked like you were ready to forget about Austin and-"

"Alex!- " I yelled but he interrupted me.

"Don't 'Alex' me!" He blurted out "You know I am right Ashley! We've been spending these last few weeks together and it looked like you were finally over him"

"We were spending that time together as friends!" I yelled remarking the last part "I thought you knew that! Besides, you were going out with Chloe at the same time; I thought you said you actually liked her!"

"I DO!" He yelled.

"THEN WHY DID YOU KISS ME!?"

There was a moment when we were both staring straight at each other not making a sound. Then we heard a sob coming from the door. We both turned to see Chloe standing by the door, with a hand on the handle and the other one covering her mouth; her eyes were teary.

"Chloe" Alex breathed. He took a step approaching her but she moved.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled in between sobs. "I can't believe you did this!" She yelled.

"Let me explain-" Alex begun but he was shut by Chloe.

"You disgust me!" She yelled even louder "Both of you!" She yelled now turning to see me. My insides crushed. I can't believe this is happening.

"Chloe, this is not how it looks like-" I started, trying to fix things.

"Don't!" She yelled "After everything that you told me about them!" She yelled wiping tears from her cheek. "I was there for you! I told you how I felt about Alex! How could you!?"