Chapter 42

Chapter 42 

Austin's POV

“I can’t” She sobbed “I can’t”

I couldn’t stand to see her cry. She was crushed; she was hurt, she felt betrayed, and all that because of me.

“Ashley please” I begged one more time.

I fucked up. I really did.

For the thousand time I’ve let her down after promising I’d never do. I always fuck up and she always forgives me, but this time? Shit, I don’t even want to think about her leaving me. I won’t let it happen.

“No” She stated hiding under Alex’s arm. The urge to punch him grew by the seconds “Leave me alone”

“But-“ I tried to protest but of course, fucking Alex had to speak up.

“She said she wants you to leave” He repeated.

“No shit” I was seriously containing myself from doing anything that would make Ashley hate me even more. If I fought Alex right now I would be doing just that. I turned to look at Ashley ignoring Alex’s glares. “Please let me talk to you?” I begged “Just five minutes. I promise”

The look on her eyes broke me. I’d never seen her this hurt, not even after Tyler’s dead. She always cried for someone else, now she’s crying for herself. She’s broken, and this time I was the one who broke her.

“I’ve heard all I need to hear” She answered. Her crying stopped but I could still see her shiver every time she contained a sob. She didn’t want me to see her break, and as hard as it was, she was holding back every tear.

Brave as always. That’s my girl.    

“You heard that man” Alex said.

As much as I wanted to punch him, even though I was sick mad at him and drunk, I tried to calm down, sober up, and for once in my life, do things the right way.

“Alex I know you’re doing this to protect her but please just let me talk to her”

“No!” Ashley protested

“Please man” I begged “Just let me make this right”

He hesitated before answering.

“Five minutes” He warned removing his arm from Ashley’s shoulders.

I couldn’t stop the ridiculous smile that formed in my face.

“No Alex!” Ashley complained “I don’t want to. Please”

“I’ll be right behind the door” He assured her “If you need me just call my name okay?”

Just fucking leave already.

I am supposed to be the one assuring her everything would be okay, not him.

She just followed Alex with her eyes until he was outside and closed the door, then she turned to look at me, making sure there was enough space between us.

“What can you possibly say to make things right?” She asked much calmer than before.

“I won’t put up any excuses for what I’ve done because it’s my entire fault okay? You’re right. I am a mess and a douche, and an asshole and I don’t deserve you. I really don’t. But you know what? I can’t help it. I am in love with you since the moment I climbed up your window and you helped me without hesitation. I tried to convince myself I didn’t like you, I had to forget about you because I needed the flash-drive, but I couldn’t. As much as I tried, I couldn’t get you off my mind, not even for a minute. I got drunk trying to do so but it backfired and I ended up on your doorstep. Every bone in my body knew I wouldn’t be able to get you off my mind. I was stuck on you and I fucking hated it. I felt weak and I was distracted by you the whole time. It had never happened to me before and I was scared. You were driving me crazy. I realized I wasn’t following you for the flash-drive anymore; it was because I couldn’t stand you being with Brad. That’s when I realized I wouldn’t let you out of my sight. I wouldn’t let him take you away from me, and it fucking happened. He stole you away from me and got to you just to hurt me. You think I fucking cared about the stupid flash-drive? You were the only thing on my mind. You are the only thing on my mind and I won’t let you go again. I promise I will never lie to you and I will never leave you alone. I mean it. You are my everything Ashley” I stopped and looked at her eyes “I love you”