Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I've lost track of time since they brought us here. They were supposed to get a doctor and bring him back here. 

What if they are not coming back? What of their plan all alomg was to leave us here?

Shit. I had to think of a way to get us out of here. 

The room is all closed. Just four walls, a door, and a small window at the top of the room that could barely fit a bird. There was no signs of the sun yet.

I hope my mom notices I'm not home yet, someone needs to realize I dissapeared. Someone needs to come looking for me. 

I am so stupid. I should have listened to Chloe and Jake. I should have never gone to the alley, nor get in Austin's business. I should have left the flash drive in its place, I should have left the alley when I had the chance. This is all my fault. Jake got shot and its all my fault. I have to do something to at least get him out of here and get some help. 

The window is not an option. I got up for the fifth time and moved the door handle. Of couse it was locked, but maybe we could use something inside this room to break it open. It looks like we are in a basement. 

"Would you stop worrying about this that much?"

"Are you serious Jake?" I got up and walked all around the room "These people abducted us.. You know what that means? Cause it looks like you don't"

"Ashley, I am more than aware. I am being realistic. Even if we could, I wouldn't even make it out the door with my leg like this. It's useless. There is nothing we can do to get out."

I know there has to be a way to get out. I just need to come up with something. 

There was an old and dusty mattress. Behind it a shelf with studd in it that I couldn't see through the dark. Maybe there was a hammer, or a bat, something I could use. 

I moved the mattress aside. 

"Ashley, don't" Jake spoke up

"Shut up, Jake. We need to get out of here" 

"They could come back any second and if they see you moving around-"

"Stop" I interrupted him mad "Why are you being so negative? I can't sit around and do nothing! You get that?" I couldn't help raising my tone. I was loosing my patience "You are not helping"

Suddenly we heard someone unlocking the door. I jumped the mattress and sat down as quickly as I could.  

Austin, Alex and Robert came in.

"So, we have some news for you" Alex spoke up "I don't know if these are good news or bad ones to you, but here it is" He knelt next to us "We didn't find a doctor that could make it here" 

"But you are going to help him, right?" I said wide eyed. Please don't tell me you are actually leaving us here. Jake womn't hold on for much longer. 

"We found a doctor" Alex continued, annoyed by my interrpution "All we need to do is take him to his clinic"

I was standing up to help Jake raise but Austin, who was now by my side, pressed his hand on my shoulder and placed me back down. 

"We will take him there" He finally spoke "You will stay here"

Without being able to say anything, in fear they would refuse to take Jake, I remained quiet and sat down. The Austin and Alex picked up Jake and headed towards the door. 

What was going to happen next? What were they going to do with me? How could I trust them with Jake?

"Wait" I spoke up, not being able to contain myself "How do I know you're telling the truth?" I was scared of the answer but I needed to know "How do I know you're not taking him somewhere else?"