Wattpad Original
There are 79 more free parts

together

adverb ~ with or in proximity to another person

mild sexual content ahead**

My eyes wide, I stared at Phoenix like a fish out of water, my mouth opening and closing to its own accord. I wasn't sure what to say, startled by the fact he was awake. I was planning on talking about it tomorrow, after I had more time to think about what it means.

"Nova?" He wondered, cocking his head.

I licked my lips nervously and nodded, shutting the door closed behind me. I walked my way to the sofa and sat beside him, my hands fiddling nervously with each other.

"I drew them today."

His eyebrow raised as he looked back down at them. "Well... they're very... unusual?"

I tried to hide the smirk that came from his attempt at complimenting them. "I need to talk to you about something serious."

He blinked, confused. "They're not that bad... The one of me is actually really-"

I laughed this time, shaking my head. "It's about something that I have been thinking about and...I'm starting to worry about it."

His forehead creased and he placed the painting back down. His arm came around me and he pulled me into his side, inhaling deeply. A low grumble left his lips as he did so, and I tensed when his hand flexed on my shoulder.

"You were with Sean?" He grumbled, trying to hide his jealousy.

"I went for a drink. I had a lot on my mind and Sean was there. I have told him what I need to tell you, and he says its important to tell you."

He shuffled, pulling away from me so he can look at my face. "What is it?"

I ran my fingers into my palms nervously. "When I was painting, I came to realise something. When I have the urge to paint, I go into a trance, right?"

He nodded, smoothing his palm over my own to pry my fingers apart. "Yes..."

"But when I paint for fun, I'm fully aware of my surroundings." I concluded.

"Okay..." He frowned.

I licked my lips, moving to grab the canvas on the table. "Well, the first painting I have done tonight, is of the battle. I assume the shadowed figure in the middle is you, and the enemy are cowering or ready for the fight."

My thumb brushed across the dry paint, a frown on my face as I remembered the fights. He hummed but stayed silent, listening intently.

"The other two, I'm not sure what they mean, but they don't make me feel good." I explained. "When I look at them, I get a sense of...foreboding. That something bad is behind them. Ever since we left the battle, and left the Kingdom I've had a niggling in my mind that something bad is coming. That day we left, even Pollux asked me if I felt danger and I felt no, but I felt something, just not imminent danger."

His jaw twitched as I took his hand and lead him into the bedroom. I fished the old canvas' from the bed-side and laid them out for him to see. He stood, towering over me from behind. I glanced at him to find him looking at the art, frown in place.

I swallowed and began to point them out. "This one, I painted before I met you. It's Ares isn't it?"

He nodded, "I saw that too. I thought the same."

I smiled, moving on. "This one, I painted when you were...away. It reminds me of the joy we felt after we won the battle, all of us gathered round in content before the run rose. Then there is this one, which reminds me of the battle itself. The scared wolf looks like me... I think these...trances, I am actually drawing the future."